Voice chat blocked for "Parental setting"

“VOICE CHAT ERROR [11]
Your account cannot communicate in voice channels based on current parental control settings”

I don’t have the PARENTAL CONTROL active.

Re-Launching the game doesn’t work

10 Likes

I am also having this issue, I double checked my parental controls and it does not have parental controls on voice chat. I tried both Battle.net and Steam and I am getting the bug on both launchers. Restarting game does NOT fix.

8 Likes

Same here really would be nice if they would fix this issue

9 Likes

same here a fix would be nice

5 Likes

This just happened to a streamer I was watching. Switching accounts they were able to use voice on the other account.

Has anyone found a solution? Does restarting your account help?

2 Likes

I just logged in but the bug didn’t shows up. I guess it’s solved BUT I’ll keep an eye on the issue.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Ethevian.

We’ve noticed others reporting the same issue and we’re currently looking to identify the root cause.

4 Likes

Happening to me as well. So much for playing with my crossplay friends

2 Likes

Blizzard support removed parental controls from my account when i told them i was over 30 years old, and that helped.

I wonder, i first got a battle.net account when i was 16 in order to play SC2, so maybe that’s why it existed. I never noticed because my parents either didn’t know they had parental control privileges, or because they never took advantage of it.
Maybe a glitch changed parental control settings without my parents’ input? Maybe a poorly-planned update changed the defaults?

1 Like

i’m also having the same problem. i just logged in and it says i can’t use the voice chat because of parental controls when i never had them enabled

1 Like

bump. I have the same issue.

1 Like

We believe this issue to be resolved, with errors related to Parental Controls trending back to normal rates.

Keep in mind that this was a separate issue from players being intentionally restricted from Chat and Voice when their endorsement level is at 0. That chang was intended and you can learn more about it in the Defense Matrix Blog found here:

I’m going to go ahead and close this topic as this specific incident should be over. However, if anyone encounters new errors please feel free to open a new thread.