Visual bug around other players and the push robot

Since season 10 I began to notice weird black rectangles and squares glitching around other players while in game. It began just in the kill cam and then started appearing around the enemy team and now mine but only around their silhouette through walls. I’ve tried changing the preferred display mode and it doesn’t remove the issue. I’m on ps5 and haven’t seen anyone talk about this.

4 Likes

When was the last time you used compressed air to blow out your console?

Sounds like an overheating issue.

I removed the panels and dusted it maybe about 2 months ago? Didn’t use an air duster though.
Out of curiosity why would overheating could a visual glitch like this?

Yes it would. This used to be a notorious issue back in the day with video cards. The VRam would get hot and cause all kinds of video glitches.

I just figure your console is getting hot, and that’s why it’s causing issues.

Oh I didn’t know that! Thanks I’ll buy an air duster and try it out :slight_smile:

you are not the only one this is happening to me as well since the start of the new season black squares have been popping up around characters and their outlines through walls. There was also a video on tik tok of it happening to someone else I very much doubt its a heating issue more like a bug in the update.

Hey, yeah! That’s been happening to me too on PS5. Super weird and annoying. I dust my PS5 when pretty regularly and this didn’t start happening until S10.