VIdeo | Overwatch - Is Mercy Too WEAK? (Meta Discussion)

Here’s a video from Unit Lost that discusses Mercy current state with a fellow pro player, and bring up some interesting topics from whether or not she’s a viable pick, to things like her Ultimate’s impact in the game, the viability of other supports and even Mercy’s abysmally low on-fire rate.

What do you think? Do you agree with them and think that Mercy is currently too weak and is in need of tweaks? Or maybe you think she’s fine as she is and doesn’t require any changes. Either way, let’s keep it classy, positive, and constructive as you post your thoughts below. Thanks! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

29 Likes

I watched the video earlier. Mercy on-fire rate has been extremely low for a while now. I believe it started to decline after the January nerfs when double resurrection was removed but did not adjust her on-fire meter.

As for my opinion if Mercy needs to some adjustment, probably yes. It’s been over a month and we already have seen the results. If she keeps performing the same after 2 months them yeah some tweaks will be needed.

11 Likes

Really Sty…? Mercy is not meta for a month and possibly a little to weak in her ult form and you are making these kinds of videos?

“What is her ult again. Can’t remember cause we haven’t seen Mercy for a long time”. Again… seriously? By that logic he can’t even tell me Bastions design color or Reapers ult line cause those heroes haven’t been played a lot for ages. But no… no word on those heroes.

But back on topic. I think Mercy is in a decent spot at the moment. As I already said they should only improve her ult a bit and that’s it imho.

Just increase healing per second and damage boost numbers in her ult Blizzard. That would make it a whole lot better.

4 Likes

I believe you are spot on there. From what I’ve understood, the on-fire rate was adjusted for her first iteration of the rework, but was never touched since, making her impact hugely… disproportional… for a lack of a better word, to what it should be in her new kit.

I think another month to be sure would certainly not hurt, just to verify. I personally don’t think she will change all that much between now and a month from now, but of course with Torb being in the meta as well as the other hero changes, all of that is potentially able to change. I could at least assume that the devs are seeing this current decline and are currently working towards some sort of way to keep all the supports viable without taking away the impact of any of them. A juggling act for sure, but one I do hope they are able figure out. c:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Someone can summarise the video? I have difficulties to listen Stylosa’s english. If someone wants. No problem
I’m not english native, thanks <3

Stylosa talks about Mercy being in a bad spot right now. Her ultimate is extremely weak compared to other support ultimates, and her healing doesn’t seem to be strong enough. He also talks about her low win rates and her low on-fire rate. He says Mercy is difficult to balance because of how reliable her healing is versus Ana’s, so if Mercy can out-heal Ana in every situation, why would pro players ever pick Ana.

8 Likes

Thank thank you <3 <3

So, i pretty agree with him then. I think she is in a bad spot. But i think also that she is difficult to balance due to res as ability, and i would prefer it as Ultimate (also if single).

And the terrible on fire meter needs some fix

7 Likes

Indeed. Torb rework and the next hero could change a lot of things. But yeah is pretty much safe to say that Mercy will continue to decline as dive and the double sniper meta are no longer a thing. One thing i really like about the video is they discuss how Valkyrie has little to no impact in a match. You pretty much use the ultimate and perform about the same without using it.

2 Likes

Considering how much i’m still burned out thanks to her, and how much i hate playing her… i think you’ll get one of the most honest opinions on the forums from me when i say;

Yes. She needs a buff.
She just can’t keep up with the others.

7 Likes

Views my dude views. It’s a clear highly debated topic on the forums. Of course he’ll cover it.

But she does need to be addressed and I’m glad even he is covering it.

5 Likes

I made a post a little while ago about what kinda buff I think Mercy needs right now. and to boil it down, it either need to be a Rez cast time reduction (not to 0 but it’s nearly 2 seconds right now I mean come on), her healing moved back to 60 hps, or (one of my favorite options) have Valk boost healing and damage boost (whether it is still chain healing or not I don’t really care, I would prefer it to be single target and have a big boost but eh)

1 Like

This video seems hypocritical. Wasn’t Sty one of the most outspoken community influencers demanding Mercy be reworked and gutted? I believe he’s publicly stated he hates the character.

1 Like

I’ll like you when you drop this trash signature.

1 Like

You would be correct. If I recall they were one of the “famous youtubers” who felt that she was “unfun to play against and needs the rework”. I find it interesting how they are now against it.

Either way though, the good outcome from this is that the word on Mercy’s current state is getting out there and more people are realizing it. For whatever that’s worth. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

You know you’ve sunk low if you’ve got to use a stylosa video.

It strikes me as disingenuous and not really caring about the character.

It’s jumping on the bandwagon.

1 Like

Oh, Sorry, I disagree completely with your opinion.

Whether it’s coming from Aria Rose, Stylosa or Jeff himself, the important thing is that the message is going out, and people are talking about it. The topic on Mercy’s current state spreading across the community and the rework being an issue (and by some, a failure) couldn’t be higher, and is arguably one of the few things that the majority of this community agrees on with the hero. I’m excited to see more people in the YouTube community spread the word on her current state. Eventually this issue will need to be addressed. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

4 Likes

You were better off using that 12 y/o kids video…sort of.

Thanks for projecting your feelings about myself and a fellow YouTuber! Your contributions to this thread are well received. Either way, let’s keep it classy, positive, and constructive as you post your thoughts. Thanks for your cooperation! :blush:

Agreed. Though I don’t agree with his views on Mercy in the past (or his Mercy gameplay for that matter) I can at least appreciate him being willing to cover her current state. With the amount of people he is able to reach with his videos, one can hope that vids that discuss her issues eventually get to someone with the authority to act on it. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

6 Likes

Main healer, that can’t sustain even one teammate even against Winston’s tesla gun, is, in fact, too weak. And resurrect is not an option during combat.

1 Like