Video: How to Deal with Reaper as Brigitte

Generally in situations where there’s a deadlock you can still get inspire by sticking right on top of or behind your tanks and LMB-ing through enemy shields, or taking potshots at anyone who comes out from behind the enemy’s double barrier. If it’s a case of both teams having double barrier then usually you can afford to maybe move forward slightly, whap the tank through their own barrier once, then back up.

Your shield may only have 200 HP now, but that’s enough to survive that small distance. There are specific circumstances where this is not a good idea. It depends on the enemy teams comp, positioning, and skill level. You’ll just learn to feel it out once you’re good at brig.

1 Like

If you wanted to demonstrate that you should have used a clip against a better reaper, not a potato.

So you don’t find it rather contradictory that a melee focused hero isn’t supposed to engage in melee combat?

I mean sure, let’s assume he was a potato. But even a potato Reaper can easily decimate an entire team solo if allowed to get close!

And no one can repeatedly keep Reaper at a distance like Brigitte. Lucio is the only other support with a boop, but it’s pretty close range, and he has no armor, meaning it’s super dangerous for him to try that repeatedly.

We should recognise that even potatoes can be dangerous if not countered.

Only on the front lines is she not supposed to melee. She’s allowed to melee in the middle of her team.

This^

We like this.

2 Likes

I mean, if he’s dead you won’t have to keep booping him since he’ll be at spawn. I’m sure a lot of DPS characters can kill a potato Reaper.

Let’s assume that’s true (debatable). It’s no consolation for a support however, that a DPS can kill Reaper. If a potato Reaper is decimating the team, you should be able to do something as a support to correct the situation no?

Generally all supports have a way to deal with a potato Reaper so they are able to correct the situation. That said, killing the threat is a lot better then constantly trying avoid it. The longer it goes on, the more mistakes can be made.

Honestly, people overstate how important it is to go out of your way to maintain inspire uptime. In most games you don’t need to be looking for every possible opening, just make sure to hit stuff things during fights and it’s fine. I mean, yes, having it active is better than not having it active, but most of the time it isn’t actually doing anything useful and going out of your way to activate it is more risk than it’s worth.

That goes both ways.

Ummm, that Reaper is Awful. Literally pressing W and not being subtle at all. Going the same way every single time.

I mean sure, you should Boop Reaper 100% of the time but the moment he gets close … any tank/brig is going to be in A LOT of trouble.

I don’t deny this. All supports have some defence (except for Zen, lol). But those defences are either costly, or VERY skill based, or both.

For example, Baptiste’s immortality field is a key teamsaving cooldown that’s very costly to waste. Ana’s sleep dart is not only 10 seconds, it needs a follow up, has a long CD, VERY skill based, and she’s defenceless if she misses.

Others like Moira and Mercy can save themselves, but not their team.

All in all, I think Brig has the most reliable and cost effective way to deal with Reaper and Mei. Whipshot is only 4 seconds CD, she has a shield for maybe a second or two of protection if she misses, and also a stun to buy more time. Plus it’s long range, and feels easier to hit than Ana’s dart.

These are all advantages in her favor, wouldn’t you agree?

Low tier Reaper yes, but not Mei. Mei has long range shots which Reaper does not and also a wall to cut off escape.

In that specific case, that reaper could have just came from behind but instead just did the same stuff and took that same route over and over again. But I agree brig is hard to kill as reaper. You need some help from your team mates to kill her or push her back.

People keep thinking she’s a “tank” - she’s really no more “tank” than say Mei is for instance. She’s not meant to be.

As Brig, I always feel it’s my responsibility to protect the team from Reaper. So I’m constantly looking out for his location. Same with Tracer, and other dangerous flankers that can kill my team. I can’t kill DF, but I can disrupt him seriously enough to deny him value.

In a way, 2-2-2 has been a blessing because I know the enemy team has only 2 DPS that I have to worry about.