Venture's contesting potential is unnecessary

Don’t know why you made it so their digging ability allows them to contest point. It’s the equivalent of allowing Doomfist ultimate to stall out site while in the air. Please change it so that venture can’t contest site while invulnerable.

4 Likes

They also need to prevent Mei from doing this.

2 Likes

I feel like Mei’s is more fair because she isn’t mobile and will probably get staggered for doing this, venture on the other hand can circle around site and avoid people to extend the contest. It just doesn’t seem fair for how little risk there is.

4 Likes

Actually it’s the equivalent of letting Reaper contest while in Wraith form, which has been in the game since 2016 in case you aren’t aware.

2 Likes

It is also comparable with OG sombra’s ability to contest the point invisible.

1 Like

I can see your point but now that I think about it does seem kinda nonesense that a hero that can’t be targetted can contest point. I think honestly It’s not a big deal but it might be worth keeping in mind if contesting becomes too annoying between ball mei venture reaper kiriko especially now that everyone has higher health pools.

2 Likes

What about Reaper his is pretty similar in that regard

But reaper doesn’t have the same movement regarding his wraith either. Venture can burrow around for 5 seconds, come out with 75 more shields and still has his movement ability to boot. It’s just very irritating that he can easily get 10-15% more capture percentage with nothing you can really do about it.

2 Likes

The opposite would be crippling to Venture, essentially making it so that they wouldn’t be allowed to use burrow in overtime without losing.

I don’t think so, he does his job of going in and getting picks well enough that he doesn’t need the additional ability of running around point getting free ticks off the clock, if Doomfist, a tank needs to recontest when ulting then a DPS should also have to.