Venture is visually the best ow2 hero

And this isnt talking about power or abilities (although they fit perfectly with their kit dont get me wrong)

but im talking about how the look of the character ACTUALLY fits what the character is supposed to be.

Looking at Illari i wouldnt exactly think “ahh yes, an aztec warrior”. She looks like a failed superhero with that cape.

With mauga, the muscles are there, but his personality does not come through in the slightest, he looks like hes only a battle hardened psycho, and the fact hes a goofy dude who likes fighting isnt really portrayed well.

And the gist goes on for the rest as well.

For Venture, they ACTUALLY look like theyre a reckless archeologist whose just going around doing what they like, archeology. Theyre also cute as a button as a bonus :smiley:
(specifically talking about heroes added in ow2, not ow1 :3)

4 Likes

Everyone likes different things I guess. I think Venture looks a hobo who stole construction equipment. :smile:

But I do love the enthusiastic personality and upbeat voice work. Definitely their highpoint, as far as character design is concerned.

4 Likes

he looks like hes only a battle hardened psycho

You probably saw the animated short with Mauga and Sombra. That’s exactly what he’s going for. Seems like a brainless big meat with two large mini-gun, but he’s actually pretty smart.

I did, but we dont get much of the actual personality from the default look of mauga either, itd fit more if he had the hawaiian shirt for example, or even the black shirt ontop from the other parts, the one we have now looks kind of just like a bit of a more insane version of roadhog (looks wise that is, not body etc wise ahah)

Don’t judge a book by its cover

True, although it seems more like the design is lazy and the story is an afterthought after the hero was released. Same with sojourn, literally not a single thing about her screams “war hardened soldier”

1 Like

This made me ugly laugh.

1 Like

I have a big issue with connecting with the characters since OW2 was released. We got Sojourn from archive missions, junker queen from junker town voicelines and sprays, an actual cinematic for kiriko. Then we got lifeweaver, a complete unknown guy apparently related to symmetra because they were coworker and illari, an unknown sun godess who tragically killed her people (did she though?). Then Mauga was the exception: Talon warrior, old comrade of Baptiste with sprays and references in game. Now we got Venture, completely unknown, nothing about them to actually get to know the character more. Lore is probably why I love this game so much, but it’s like they don’t push it as much as before (we used to have comics, cinematics, events, etc). Now you play 30 games and get a challenge complete for 5k battle pass experience hurray. Used to win 9 games and earn the bastet skin, following the comic release. Yes it’s great to get new blood (haha like how Cassidy found new recruits), but tell us more about them, because they’re nobody and suddendly they’re part of Overwatch and we don’t know how.

1 Like

i can see that, and i hope that they actually dig in (hah get it) to make more lore content, although i think this MIGHT be a good start, theres quite a few ways they could go with say ventures lore, and theres already some implications of what it might be :smiley: