Venture is one more hero that takes the L from Sombra's Hack

Sombra’s hack is a true pain for many heroes (mostly dive). The 1.5 sec lockout is truly problematic. Venture is the last hero that gets huge disadvantage while hacked.

I would suggest for hack, to have like 0.25 sec ability lockout (practically just interrupting the enemy) and have like 10% or 15% increase damage to that enemy.
And her Virus to get from 25 damage to 20 (25/50 → 20/40)

Ok, given her win rate is already below average, they will end up buffing the rest of her kit HARD if you do this, to get her win rates back up.

She would become cloaking bastion, hosing down people instantly.

I’m not sure if you want what you are asking for.

When you are looking for nerfs on heroes with a below 50% win rate, have a think about what parts of their kit you want to buff and put that in your suggestion, because they WILL have to buff the hell out of something.

or just rework the hero… but this time ACTUALLY rework the hero.

Don’t do a “rework” where the hero comes out the other end basically the same exact character as before with nothin actually different about them.

1 Like

Well then 15% would be fair, but it would be disadvantage for the tanks (not another tank buster / semi tank buster).
But i don’t know if her win rate is low. I see her EVERYWHERE now. Like, her pickrate has skyrocketed like never before. It must be pretty high. Maybe that’s why her winrate is low. Too many people picking her without know how to play her well.

That sounds pretty risky.

1 Like

See, I’m ok with this, since it is really the only answer which would work, if they have to change Sombra, they can’t really move numbers around in her kit, because different people are very very upset over different parts of her kit.

It’s stable, so, the newly popular Sombra isn’t it. I think they just buffer her to viable, and people have worked out how much fun viable Sombra is to play. I think you would find 15% increase in damage wouldn’t offset both dropping hack running time, AND virus. You are removing how Sombra pins down their targets with the hack time change.

To make it so the attacks would end up with the same results (or better) the damage increase would be eye watering.

Sure is.

1 Like

I’d rather risk it and change the hero for the better. Instead of leaving her in a state that clearly no one has every enjoyed play against since her inception, outside of sombra players themselves. There’s nothing engaging about a perma invis who gets to choose her engages whenever she feels like, and can free shut down specific heroes in the game with no effort behind it.

And then her counterplay is based around shooting the air and waiting to get lucky and accidentally hit her.

1 Like

I’m with you there, but that means we should have actual conversations about reworks which are not “lets remove the hero from the game”

1 Like

I’ve been trying to get hero reworks to happen for the longest. So imagine my happiness when I see “Sombra rework coming!” “hog rework coming!”

Only for them to turn out as the EXACT SAME HEROES as before, but now… with the same exact problems as pre-rework, and additional problems post-rework.

It’s insane how much of a fumble those 2 reworks were. Which goes to show this game will genuinely never improve for 5v5, because it took them SEVEN MONTHS and probably longer than that, to come up with and do these reworks and they still turned out god awful.

It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Most heroes’ abilities do more damage than Sombra would even with the increase. Even when she had +30% on hacked targets.

Like, there’d be no point in hacking.

Better off just Virus and blasting especially having the element of surprise. Save the hack stopping a ult

The risk to reward wouldn’t be worth it, then. You’d be better off picking another flanker or a burst damage DPS that can help interrupt ults.

Hack still can interrupt abilities as well. Save it for Orisa spear spin. Force her to fortify. Still has it uses but using it first in a 1v1 is pointless now

People still don’t understand that Sombra, similar to Sym, will ALWAYS have a skewed winrate due to the uniqueness of her kit. She’s a problem SOLVER hero people specifically switch to to counter a specific enemy hero. She’s who people swap to when they’re losing or getting diffed by an enemy DPS. Sombra would need to be buffed through the roof for her winrate to ever approach 50%. Just like how, based off winrates, Sym was the “best” hero for years