Venture feedback and Canada going forward

Just some feedback for the team given Venture was said to be the second ‘full’ Canadian hero.

1. Now, this is just my opinion, but both Venture and Sojourn are lacking visually. Sojourn has always seemed boring visually compared to most of the characters in the roster. Venture continues the trend of Canadian characters getting a raw deal on the visuals because while they are not boring, they are genuinely just visually unappealing. Given we haven’t seen re-colours yet, this might be a pallet thing but for the time being I stand on the side of her visual design being a miss.

2. This is more a request of “please do more than 30 seconds of research” (like that time you made CSIS look like the FBI in the Sojourn cinematic — which is wrong) Canada’s second official language is French. If you go back to Canada, please make the character a bilingual character with Canada’s second official language — Sojourn was in the military where to be in leadership you need to have ‘some’ understanding of French and she speaks only English. Venture, from what I could tell, only speaks ‘Spanish’ which isn’t one of Canada’s ‘official’ languages and is weirdly jarring to hear in game. I’m not voice cast manager but I’m sure it is easy enough to find someone who speaks Canadian French.

Just my two cents, fun kit, looking forward to the future!

1 Like

I never liked Sojourn’s design. She’s bland and the only real thing that stands out about her is her legs and that’s it.

1 Like