Venture balance ideas from first impression

She feels a little on the weaker side and these are just ideas (obviously not all at the same time):

• Make using burrow in the air and hitting someone while going through the ground, actually do damage to them. Or drilling while underground and coming out of highground and back down to earth, hitting someone should do damage to them. Right now you just drill through them and nothing happens.

• Bigger primary fire AoE?

• Make drilling while underground do more than 5 damage or make the boop stronger lol.

• Decrease melee recovery or make animation faster (essentially just to do the total damage faster)

• Make the digging faster in general

And to satisfy my DPS doom desires:

• Make coming out of the ground, knock enemies into the sky with the venture, so you can combo into drill dash better / easier.

I’m disappointed you can’t hold the melee button and continuously drill.

Yes please. Right now it’s probably a 30% movement boost or something, just guessing from looking at it. They could probably increase it to 50 or 60% movement boost and it would be fine. Especially cuz it takes about a second to actually get into the ground

Allow venture to hold onto ult for 2 more seconds, it feels like u have to burn them too quick, just spamming to get all 4 charges off, it feels like u can only use ur drill and have like 1 second of downtime/repositioning

1 Like

Does it even have a movement boost? I’ve been feeling like I’m moving the default speed lol.

2 Likes

I think it’s around a 30% movement increase but it definitely doesn’t feel fast enough. Other characters can simply move Faster

• Genji and Tracer have a passive 10% movement increase at all times
• Ram’s Nemesis form is 20% faster
• Lucio’s non-amped speed is 25%
• Sombra’s Invis is 45%
• Reaper’s Wraith and Soldier’s Sprint are 50%
• Lucio’s amped speed is 60%

And with all the movement abilities in the game too, Venture’s dig just doesn’t feel fast enough. I feel like if it was increased to 50 or even 60% it would be way better

I’d increase the speed of submerging by maybe 20% so they can escape bastion easier. that’s the one thing giving me any trouble right now is they explode when everyone sees them. There was times where my toes were the only thing left above ground and i still died.