Venture and people refusing to switch

Why are people so insistent on playing venture when there are either 2 flyers or 2 range dps and they are getting trashed by them

Venture is fun and also can literally avoid these matchups.

1 Like

Its like saying Lucio is very good. He can be, in the right hands, But they are far and few between. Same as Venture 99% of the player base cant use Venture to the full extent

Problem with people playing Venture is charging head first against a target. Venture can literally challenge a Pharah due to her not full time in the air. As for a Echo, best avoid this matchup because Echo just melt combo Venture.

How would you learn how to play them if you don’t actually play the hero into their counters?

1 Like

BY not throwing

5 charc

Sorry, you copy/pasted a pointless response for some reason. I’ll ask again, how do you improve playing against counters if you don’t play against those counters?

2 Likes

i remember seeing posts just like this about doom when he was a dps

2 Likes

Playing into your hardcounters with a high risk of losing will lead to reports/bans nowadays so its best to switch if you play into a team of hardcounters.

Do it in QuickPlay. It’s not something you should be doing in comp.

Because Venture can still deal with them. Mayhaps not in Havana’s last point, but in everything else. By 2 fliers you mean Pharah and Echo and them being pocketed by a Mercy. That still leaves 2 players on the ground and regardless of what those 2 heroes are the map geometries can still be taken over by Venture while she can still fend off against all them. It’s just that your other DPS has to bend and play a good hero against them instead of Junk/Genji/Tracer/Hanzo pick as the 2nd one. With any decent pressure on the fliers she can take map control on the necessary parts that you just have to play around

Same goes for 2 hitscans but with less limitations. Play around her or lose are your options if you can’t manage without them going Cree/76/Widow and clicking heads or pressuring them altogether

Playing in QP doesn’t help you get better in comp past a certain point. You want to improve in comp, you need to play comp

1 Like

If you want to learn how to not swap into counters, you do that in QuickPlay first instead of throwing a comp game trying something you’ve never done before. You refine your play in comp. You don’t give it a whirl there until you’ve gotten a decent understanding in QuickPlay first.

1 Like

If you want to improve in comp, you play in comp, let your rank drop, then climb back as you improve.

2 Likes

Lumin and you are both right. Lumin’s way should be the default, you’d have less “smurfs” ruining games.

Your way is what everyone in gm has done since OW1, admittedly including myself. That’s what alt accounts are for and I think its always felt kind of scummy really.

1 Like

are you kidding? shes oppressive as all hell right now, her dps, mobility and invulnerability make her one of hte best dps right now.

1 Like

thats like asking why someone would play the new hero for the season that EVERYONE has on day 1 with no paywall or catch attached. It will go without say ppl will soft throw to play a new character regardless of the comp in question on both sides

Are we talking comp or QP? If it’s QP, pople can play whatever they want. Matches are short enough that I just shrug and tell myself “oh, well. GG go next.”

In comp, you’re expected to play to win and actually try. That being said, you still have a right to play suboptimal picks. I’m going to absolutely hate your guts for it but that’s you’re right.