Valkyrie feels... Pointless

I cant be the only who feels this way right? After the 50hps nerf I just feel like this “ultimate” ability isnt good.

• It takes too long to get
  • theres very little reward when you get it
  • doesnt really impact the fight in any meaningful way (which is a result of the very little reward I guess)

I just feel very useless during Valkyrie. No matter when I use it.

During the fight? Well my tean still died while inside my ultimate’s heal beams.

To initiate the fight? Well my team starts taking damage so I have to swap off damage boost back to healing which already very underwelming…

Why is it that a support ultimate cant keep the rest of the team alive through normal enemy fire?

11 Likes

It’s because her base kit is immensely strong. If she had a good base kit and a great ult she would go back to must pick status.

Odds are that you’re more likely to make an impact resurrecting the right teammate at the right time, as well as get a POTG/POTM, compared to current Valkyrie.

3 Likes

i’d rather have a weak kit and a fun and impacting ult than what we have now. the point of an ult in the first place is to be someone’s big impact, their powerplay, and the kit is lower than that.

Not really… Moira can keep her team alive with her ult just fine. Mercy cant. It doesnt make sense for a support ult to not keep someone alive from normal enemy fire.

1 Like

Well, it’s obviously still very beneficial, especially if your team is intelligent. But Mercy isn’t the only one like this. Tracer and Roadhog are other examples.

So if they were to make Valkyrie feel more fun, what vague direction should they change it towards?

Mercy’s base kit is stronger than Moira’s. She has much more mobility, plus the ability to res. Her healing is much more versatile. So logically, Moira’s ult is a bit better.

Putting Res on Q, giving it multiple charges, adding LOS.

Next question.

Honestly I feel that I must agree with you here. I don’t quite get why even in Ultimate form, Mercy can be out-damaged by a random Winston holding Left click.

“What a successful rework!”

2 Likes

That’s the thing, I’m looking for a way to make Valkyrie be a fun ultimate.

1 Like

So youre telling me 50 hps and an extremely risky E is better than a support with 80hps, that can defend themselves AND provide huge heal bursts with their base kit alone preventing their team from dying to begin with? Also moiras is “slightly” better? Really? Huge range, 140hps, goes through barriers, charges way faster than valk…

2 Likes

They should direct it to the bin.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, fun is subjective, and a lot of Mercy players find res on Q to be fun. I say we give them what they want and stop over-complicating problems that have simple solutions. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Bring back her uberZoom from the first iteration of the rework maybe?

1 Like

to a E-ability and give her a new Ultimate , cuz Valk as a Ultimate is pointless and can’t change the fact that it’s extremely boring to use.

As a base kit? Yes. How is Moira supposed to cover high ground? How is Moira supposed to boost her DPS player’s damage? (This is a huge reason why she is largely a non-factor outside of Tanky comps at the highest level) Her healing is much less consistent, and she can’t res. In a 2/2/2 with any sort of mobility heroes, or burst DPS, I’d take Mercy over Moira any day of the week.

Ok so you want a reworked valk or number tweaks?

Just scrap it. I can’t stand the thing. The only support ult I dislike as much in terms of engagement/fun is Rally, but at least with Brigitte I get to kick butt.

5 Likes

Probably mostly number tweak but redesign if needed.

The big feeling I get is that it’s too passive and safe and doesn’t have any real skill ceiling aspects.

Fade jumps, smarter positioning

She isnt. Thats why she deals damage herself. Lets not lie to ourselves with “she is only used int tank heavy comps” when her pickrate is sky high below masters.

With her recent buff its easier for it to be consistent.

She doesnt need a rez when she can keep you alive.

1 Like