Valk or Mass Rez: A Non-Mercy Main's Idea

A problem certainly does exist because the majority of the posts on this forum are people wanting Mercy to be altered. To be more specific, this is both a problem with Mercy 2.0 having proven it’s far beyond the realms of something that can be balanced to be anything but OP or UP, and the masses agreeing that Mercy just isn’t engaging to play, because she feels unimpactful, slow, and boring.

Yeah…mass rez is never coming back. The cry babies in the pro scene, and GM, would get too tilted, and since we know blizzard cares 1000% more about streamers and the pros than us average peeps who make up more of their gamebase by a hefty mile, they would never do anything to upset those babies.

I do think Rez should have 2-3 charges in Valk, HOWEVER, as a trade off I think her ult generation should be nerfed noticably to make up for a much stronger ult.

5 Likes

I believe that Blizzard not wanting mass rez in their game should take priority here, even if mass rez wins in some community polls.

Its their game in the end, and their product on display.

Also developers never said they were opposed to Rez as an ultimate anywhere for that matter. Just thought I’d stick that in here since, you know we really like to mislead people.

3 Likes

They specifically said they weren’t bringing back old rez, but that certainly doesn’t mean rez can’t take SOME form in an ultimate. So that’s ultimately what I tried to do with this suggestion.

2 Likes

I always thought about Resurrect working like McCree ultimate.

3 Likes

Jeff said why they didnt like it in the developer update introducing the rework.

1 Like

Umm he didn’t. He didn’t like how it was being used. Also using the word “disheartening” (which is subjective) and the combo “Pharah-Zarya” because that is the only combo Zenyatta can’t deny.

So a few things…
The overall changes look pretty great.
You probably shouldn’t have put anything about Mass Res in the title… for reasons shown by some previous comments.
In this rework of yours, would she get an E or do you feel this Mercy wouldn’t need one?

1 Like

“Theres a weird behavior thats encouraged by the core fundamental design of the hero”

Literally everyone who has seen the vid knows that this means he thinks mass rez is a problem

1 Like

I feel like the utility provided by new GA would eliminate the need for a replacement E ability. I also think in this case less is more. If her standard kit is chocked full of abilities we’d more than likely just go back to the original issue with 2.0 which was Mercy needed to be watered down in order to balance all her abilities.

A weird behavior that could’ve been fixed with legitimate brain power. I literally have an idea above that fully eliminates the “weird behavior.” Also this weird behavior was actually forced on Mercy players by other players. People that tried to get value by healing and tempo rezzing were screamed at by teammates to hide when the true value of rez was tempo rezzing 2 to 3 players.

Fair enough, I mostly just wanted clarification.

No, the thing you did was lazy instead of reading what the actual post said. It’s actually quite brilliant, with a few balance changes of course.

Next time, read first. You’d be surprised where reading something gets you. :blush:

2 Likes

I get that but I’ve played Mercy since launch and she feels not at all impactful considering what she was and is capable of.

While it is Blizzard’s game in the end, it would be nice to know that they maybe are reading these posts from players and explaining why they do things to certain heroes! It’s kind of frustrating when some Mercy threads are locked or completely ignored. :neutral_face:

Not going to lie the Mercy player in me would use their salt on my french fries and love it if mass rez came back in a balanced form.

4 Likes

Now I want french fries :frowning:

2 Likes

I’m eating some right now :smiley:

1 Like

I could go for some too… :sob:

From a Mercy player:

Being able to use Guardian Angel without a target would make even average mercies nigh unkillable. Remember: mercy has a passive health regen that kicks in relatively quickly.

Healing a soul to rez them amounts to a cast time. Unless the cast time is <1 second, it’ll have many of the usability issues of E rez. Even if it had a reasonable cast time, being able to un-stagger deaths and forgive dying way out of position is too powerful.

Mass rez being an AoE gave it limitations that kept (most of) its power in check: it was crippled in the face of staggered deaths and teammates dying off on their own instead of grouping up. Any sort of multirez ult needs to keep those designated weaknesses.