Using certain words in game chat should trigger a ban

What do you even want? You’re not talking about the topic and you’re making toxic remarks about every reply. Flags for days dude.

Again, I am talking about actual abuse. As is the poster. You are trying to twist the thread into something it isn’t in order to get the OP and people who agree with the OP dismissed.

2 Likes

I wish there was a way to remove text-chat “for good”; CTR+SHFT+C isn’t enough for me, because once I see something go down in chat before I close it I can’t let it go lol. I only want voice chat, and for some way for me to not get baited into being Mad Online :tm: so often. I’m better in voice chat than I am text.

No thanks, you wannabe dictators have stepped on the community enough

2 Likes

I’m glad the discussion was had, just further shows white people choosing to be blissfully ignorant to the offensive slurs they throw out and it’s impact and meaning, but it’s not like I never knew… c:

“Inhumane by their blood, mentality and by their design.”

1 Like

Oh, I am sorry. I thought we were stretching what people say past the point of what they meant in order to dismiss what they were actually saying.

Again, claiming that something is a troll thread just because you don’t agree/like it doesn’t make that reality. It just means you are trying ( really hard ) to dismiss the view you don’t like.

2 Likes

As long as I get a handful of the straws I still got something.

As stated above you are simply a hypocrite to your own beliefs. Of course I doubt this is about your beliefs anymore and is simply “grasping at straws” for reactions.

Good job anyways.

Sorry, you already did when you replied to me.

1 Like

You’re clearly a few generations behind. Gen-Z use them as jokes. Who cares if they’re not funny, the stigmas surrounding them don’t exist to most Gen-Zers.

you’re getting pretty defensive, so… what does that say about you? oWO

2 Likes

Mmm yes, let’s find some nonsensical limit to speech to appease your specific and personal sensibilities. Seems fair.

1 Like

First, it’ll be those words…then people will start using substitute words…then we ban the substitute words, and then they come up with new substitute words and then we ban those again and all of a sudden, grunts and monosyllables become common place and we’re banned from saying anything.

Uhm, I’ll just suggest that AVOID AS TEAMMATE and MUTE CHAT be the Play of the Game. Unnecessary censorship will end up biting you in the you-know-what in the long term.

1 Like

Why exactly cant we use the Block and Mute features either? Is there some reason why those suddenly just stopped existing?

1 Like

To be fair I didn’t even know if there was a limit to blocking.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “normal” words.

What I mentioned, some people get triggered by the word black despite being not just a way to refer to someone else’s skin color (more or less), same goes for trap, N4zi (the WWII faction), commie, etc., sometimes words are just words and people decide to get offended by it, let’s see if I don’t get myself a suspension just for using an “offensive” word here.

but…dont they still have it for…one word?

There are many words, contained in other words or easily mistakenly typed in that I can think of right now that would trip that trap and ban innocent people.

While I agree people using hatespeech should be investigated immediately , no review instant banning is not the way to do it.

1 Like

That’s the thing, even the concept of “hate speech” has lost meaning in the last couple of years, sometimes is just plain ignorance or bad manners.

I’m certain if given an example I could tell you if it was hate speech or being rude.

But if you’re talking to a friend you should be allowed to swear all you want without getting autobanned. In fact there’s a profanity filter so if you’re that sensitive to swearing just turn it on

2 Likes