Urgent Call to Address Cheating and Monetization Issues

As a long-time player, I feel compelled to express my deep frustration with the current state of Overwatch 2. The game is overrun with cheaters, and it appears that effective measures are not being taken to combat this issue. This is leading to legitimate players turning to cheating out of sheer frustration, which is damaging the game’s integrity and the community’s trust.

Moreover, the focus on monetization in Overwatch 2 has significantly impacted the player experience. The transition from the original Overwatch, a game many of us loved, to a version that prioritizes revenue over gameplay, has been disheartening. Many original developers have left and have spoken out about issues within Blizzard, which only adds to our concerns.

It feels like the current development team, who remain at Blizzard, may not have the community’s best interests at heart. There is a perception that the game is being designed in ways that promote unhealthy addiction, which is troubling.

Blizzard, I urge you to address the cheating problem, reconsider the heavy focus on monetization, and listen to your community. We are passionate about Overwatch and want to see it succeed. Please take our concerns seriously and work towards restoring the game’s integrity and our trust.

2 Likes

but but they have to pay their bills! you dont have to buy it! its a free game! i’m not interested in cosmetics but im going to comment in this topic anyway! stop being poor! you can grind prisms and coins and use bing! I’M BUYING THEM ALL!

there you go shills - i made your useless points for you, go to the water cooler and take a break.

2 Likes

If enough people cheat, perhaps the entire user base can be swept up in a single ban wave.

That ought to fix the monetization problem. Queue times would suck though.

I respect that you phrased this as best you could but the devs do not read player feedback on the forums.

You realize that this version of Overwatch makes less money right?

You’re going gaga over the change to revenue generation, while completely ignoring the fact that in the original game, loot boxes were a thing which generated over a billion dollars for Blizzard Entertainment by themselves.

If Blizzard only cared about revenue, they’d have kept loot boxes where they were.