Update - Forum Access for New Overwatch 2 Players

It cannot be discussed in technical support or bug reports.

5 Likes

In the end, it seems that Blizzard wants to misrepresent the criticisms about SMS protection.

5 Likes

I don’t think flooding the forums with people that aren’t playing the game is a solution to that.

1 Like

it helps raise awareness that so many people cannot access the game

10 Likes

Again, I don’t think flooding the forums with people that aren’t playing the game is a solution to that.

Maybe add another sub-section for non-players I guess lol

3 Likes

if it annoys blizzard so much that they start actually finding SOLUTIONS, it helps

7 Likes

It’s not about annoying Blizzard, they barely look at these forums as it is. It’s about annoying us.

6 Likes

does the war in Ukraine also annoy you since you are not affected by it?

3 Likes

Video game forum = War in Ukraine

lol

6 Likes

no, my dude, it is about how you talk from such a privilleged point of view, ignoring the fact that millions will not be able to play the game due to this stupid sms requirement. so we just annoy your privilleged butt who can play the game in peace.

Aren’t the posts complaining about skin costs annoying you? Maybe those poor bastards get on ur nerves too, like we do.

6 Likes

No my dude. Asking for non-players to be allowed to post on the forums is not just asking for those affected by the phone requirement to be allowed to post. That opens the flood gates for trolls, bots, spammers etc. etc.
Also people providing their opinions on balance and content when they haven’t even played it themselves.

I already gave a suggestion for a possible solution, make a new sub-forum for non-players.

5 Likes

but I’ve owned Overwatch since 2016 so I will do my best to flood these forums for my fallen non-player bros too until we get a solution :crazy_face:

3 Likes

no.

“if u owned OW or bought founder pack you have access”

therefore you should be able use it.

tbh the presale of founders pack (assuming you never used anything benefiting from it) should be refundable else I could see a class action lawsuit going through as they would suffer complain of selling a product w/o revealing the limitations for it until after you cant refund it.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is anything sinister. I guess they expect a flood of new players and they want to keep the forums from getting out of control. I think you guys are overestimating how many people actually want to participate in the official forums for a Blizzard game.

Uhm no XD There are plenty of other platforms that can be used that are far more visible than this cesspool.

Server’s still not up. Cant log into overwatch. Its 2:17 am cst. No access available… :cry:

12 hours until Overwatch 2 releases. Have a sleep :+1:

Thx for the heads up. :+1:

1 Like

My point is that this means Blizzard is not taking this issue seriously.

1 Like

This could be a way to diminish a flood of negative reviews. Only players who play Overwatch 2 and reach milestones (therefore like it) may post their positive feedback. Whales are more than welcome obviously. Casual players without “certain milestones” who likely have negative reviews to say… well… tough luck.

1 Like