Upcoming experimental card

I know it’s too much for experimental but I’d like it if you didn’t have to worry about earth shatter going around barriers because it ignores barriers but has a really short duration knockdown, same duration as this experimental card makes Sigma’s Accretion.

The ult charge should probably be lowered but it doesn’t put such an emphasis on everyone having barriers a Earthshatter is so powerful yet only countered by barriers.

1 Like

As I said, it should happen for every card IMHO. So this one is great, I just would like to see this a a trend, not a selective occasion. Hope that clarifies things

1 Like

I’m fairly sure that she was picked more because brig wasn’t available and without rein lucio wasn’t as good as he is with rein.

3 Likes

Dude. Stop for a second and listen to what I am saying.

Last week Echo was released yes, but MCREE, WIDOWMAKER, REINHEART, AND BRIG WERE ALL BANNED. This meant Echo could fly in the sky like a Pharah all game with no one to shoot at her EXCEPT ASHE, who is also a pocket target for Mercy.

So Mercy Echo in the skies or Mercy Ashe on the ground was played all week in GM because Mcree and Widow weren’t even available. Also, Rein was banned, which helped Mercy pickrate as you never play Mercy when Rein is meta.

HENCE why in the Echo Flash Ops Tournament this weekend, where NO ONE was banned and all of these heroes were playable, MERCY WASN’T PICKED

Ok, what about ArK’s opinion? Or Dridro’s? Or Kruise’s? Or Ml7’s?

Or how about the Lucio main Frogger’s? Who said that Mercy is the worst support in the game right now and needs a healing buff minimum or a rework?

^^^

3 Likes

I get it they may not want to have Genji reflect that huge boulder but how about the middle ground: Genji just STOPS the boulder? So his sword just chops it in half and it crumbles mid air.

fyi: the experimental card is causing issues so we had to bring it down. we’re working on bringing it back up but it is unlikely to happen today. apologies.

30 Likes

Do you know when the game will be available to play again? I’ve been stuck in this queue for quite a while lol.

1 Like

You really should probably stop trying to debate this when your understanding of the game is as poor as it is. Everything you’re going to say is just going to be countered by a GM, grandmaster, while you are barely in silver. This is a bottom 20% player trying to convince a top 1% player that they are wrong.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like that would be to powerful and honestly just wouldn’t make much sense.

Thanks for the info

Take your time guys, no need to rush it so much :з

2 Likes

Surely it makes more sense that Genji’s blade can merely cause the boulder to crumble than to immediately reverse the boulder’s direction.

Right now genji’s deflect does nothing, he just gets smacked in the face like a loony tunes cartoon.

I understand everything you’re trying to say. I get it. I also get that I’m just a Silver scrub and you’re a GM God, but here me out for a second.
Maybe Mercy is just not a hero who can’t sustain herself in the top tier meta. Maybe her skill ceiling is just not high enough to give incredible returns when actualized in pro play, especially when compared to healers like Ana and Bap. You know, there are some heroes that are simply not made for pro play, like Reaper was before he got the insane 50% life steal or like Symmetra before double barrier was a thing. You feel me? Not every hero needs to be equally viable in every single rank.

2 Likes

So, in regards to the changes, why nerf heroes like McCree and Brig who already have next to no time to follow up; yet allow a hero like Ana to maintain a stun duration longer than Reinhardt’s ultimate?

Yeah, I get that it’s a skill shot, but it counters your reasoning of it being frustrating to have control taken away from you. Given, you lose control for a potential full five seconds which is an eternity in a fast paced shooter.

1 Like

Not gonna lie it’d be cool if he had an animation of slicing it in half LOL

But I feel like Genji has dash and double jump and wallclimb so can’t he just dodge it anyways?

1 Like

I guess, but there needs to be somethings that go through deflect or it would just be OP. They should increase the deflect hitbox though.

Thank You for the update! Greatly appreciated! Do you have an estimated ETA for when it should be ready? Thanks in advance

1 Like

The stun durations of mcree/brig are fine as they are right now, no need to reduce them. Think about doomfist. Rein ult nerf sounds weird too.

Also, please don’t lower the sleep duration, need a small timeframe to tbag sleeping genjis and hanzo mains. :hugs:

5 Likes

Awesome feedback. Thanks. I got it.

Except that’s not true. She has a higher skill ceiling than both Brig and Moira, and her skill ceiling is arguably just as high as Lucio in that both have fairly easy autoaim heal/utility mechanics but hard to master movement mechanics and can carry with good ability usage.

Not to mention that she was meta when she had 60 HPS alongside Zen as the top dive main healer, she was especially good alongside Widowmaker and snipers in double sniper, etc. Her entire kit (damage boost, rez, mobility) is very valuable in the higher tiers but she just lacks the value/sustain to warrant being picked after the HPS nerf.

It’s also not a great argument considering every other support is literally meta in OWL right now. Brig and Moira are both arguably easier than Mercy with lower skill ceilings (Moira especially) yet have signifigant OWL and GM playtime.

I get that, but when she is one of 7 support options and 1 of 4 main support options, as well as being the only main support to have vertical mobility and work with spread out/mobile dive comps, it’s a bit concerning.

Especially when Tracer/Genji and most of all Winston have all not been meta since the day Mercy got her HPS nerf even though none of these heroes were nerfed.

3 Likes