Unpopular opinion ? This patchnote is one of the worst we ever got

Continuing the discussion from Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – February 26, 2019:

Can we not ?

Wow the devs reverted a change for the first time ever. Is there hope after all ?

Cool, a Hanzo buff, definitely on the top of the “heroes who desperately need a buff” list.

Great Doomfist is going to be more annoying than ever

Yeah Uhm can we talk about how Sound Barrier and Transcendance “enable players to survive longer”. It’s an ultimate of course it’s powerful.

1 Like

They’re all good changes.

23 Likes

Its the panic buff patch notes for DPS to fix GOATS since panic nerfing didnt work.

2 Likes

Same, I love the changes as well.

5 Likes

Nano has very little consistent counter play, whereas Trans can anthealed or knocked around. Sound barrier admittedly only really has emp as a real counter, but it also has a cast time and has to be timed near perfect to get its full value.

Doom has been trash since his nerf, a cooldown buff that makes him more than a right click hero is necessary. I’m saying that as someone who hates playing against old Doom.

The deadeye change is only relevant to tanks, which is def a goats directed buff. We’ll see how that goes :stuck_out_tongue:

As for Hanzo. Eh, at least it’s not more damage.

3 Likes

Ana’s nerf should have been harsher.

2 Likes

They’re not… but the changes that are good were done well.

Stuff like nerfing Symmetra makes no sense at all. Ana’s is in the right direction but 200 seemed to be the safer number. Buffing Hanzo also made no sense.

1 Like

Nothing for Sym. Thats the sad part.

The McCree and Soldier changes in particular are nice. Makes nano visor scary again and Deadeye better vs tanks. It literally does nothing for deadeye against squishies

1 Like

It does seem like a “we try everything to make goat disappear” series of buffs

OP wasn’t complaining about that change. But I don’t know how Blizzard wasn’t aware that it indirectly buffed Zarya against armor but at the same time nerfing Sym against armor.

Doomfist needed the buffs after being dumpstered.

3 Likes

Yeah like I get why they had to do it but so many in a row make it obvious that’s the reason for it especially the Pharah change to me.

This change only adjust the damage rampup after 2.5s, which as the notes specifically say wont impact the rate at which he can kill any hero under 600hp.

Also seriously? Deadeye is like the worst ult in the game, how is this unreasonable to you?

Calling this a “revert” is grossly inaccurate at best. It’s just a number that’s being tweaked.

DF definitely needed a buff to account for his last changes which made him basically worthless.

Nanoboost was definitely over tuned. This is a welcome change.

Oh that! I didnt even remember that part!

I was talking about the “bug fix” where she can’t generate ult charge during photon deployment.

Why was that a huge issue to them? Unless I’m reading it wrong

I’m discusted and angry, worst patch so far

They’ve done this several times.

They reverted Sombra’s change where her detection radius was larger
They reverted Valkyrie back to 60hps,
They reverted Mercy’s healing back to 50hps.

There are some things that look good in the patch notes but I am still shaking my head after seeing Hanzo’s buff.

He really didnt. Hes fine and balanced right now. Learn to adapt or play a different hero. Dont be a parallel to the Mercy mains who think she is bad right now.

As someone who absolutely hates Doomfist and would honestly not be upset if he was removed from the game entirely, he was definitely not fine and balanced. You’re just being biased.