Unpopular Opinion: PTR Lucio is AWESOME

The new wall riding system is awesome! Its smoother and less clunky. Great change.

The speed nerf, IMO was justified. Exploiting his kit for cheesy rollouts was dumb. (Just like the Genji ledge Dash)

Getting killed should have some weight behind it. It didn’t really matter if you got picked as Lucio, because you would be back in the fight immediately after respawn.

Some people just dont react well to being nerfed.

HOWEVER…with all that being said. Lucio still needs a buff. The rest of his kit could still use some love. Especially now since its so easy to lose your ult and Hack destroys you.

75 Likes

Let’s have some Lucio-Ohs and celebrate the return of our boop god.

8 Likes

I love the new change to his Wall Ride and finally his boop no longer consumes ammo.

6 Likes

I like this new Wallride system as well. Sometimes the wallride would stop from just a little part of uneven surface on the wall which was annoying sometimes.

2 Likes

Right? The new system is AMAZING. No more little windows or pipes throwing you off the walls

1 Like

I actually like it for the most part. but man i am going to miss wall skimming and edge jumping. its still kind of possible. but its much harder to pull off due to lucio sticking to corners. If it happens you lose all your momentum :frowning:

3 Likes

Its so tricky to wallride consistently on console so id be happy to try it out

2 Likes

I know what you mean. The skimming and jumping was fun but I would trade all that for a better wallride system.

1 Like

I didn’t see anything about a nerf, what is it?

Excellent, just one more vertical escape route for me to GA to if Widow isn’t in my line of sight or if we don’t have a Pharah, skate on little frogs, skate on and skate high.

1 Like

I mean this is how wall riding works in all the other games ive played that i vaugely remember

But…but…muh skill?!

7 Likes

Infinite wall riiiiides!

lucio players dont want it because it makes him easier to play, and you like it because hes easier to play.

6 Likes

LUCI-OH-OHS!

20 characters

Its not easy mode, its just less clunky.

Im sorry but the argument to keep a clunky system just because people learned how to work with it is one of the lamest things Ive ever heard.

8 Likes

Yeah. I prefer this system. Makes him so much more consistent on irregular map geometry. I can actually use it for it’s intended purpose.

1 Like

Don’t think like that…be creative what can you do with the new system.

You’ll start to like it even more when you find the answer is “a lot”

2 Likes

Exactly, the potential with this new system is actually beyong amazing and you are going to see people who were really good with old Lucio become Gods now

1 Like

Newbs can use lucio he takes no skill now. Now lucio mains will be seen as trash like Mercy mains.

3 Likes