Unmasked Reaper

We all have our Soldier 24/Reyes skins and they are pretty great but I can’t help but wonder what current Reaper looks like under his mask. Evaporating flesh and a ghoulish zombie look? Same old Reyes but older and with white body paint on his arms? Like a Deadpool look-alike? Black holes where his eyes should be?

Show us what his powers really did to him. Why he never takes off the mask!

5 Likes

Kind of ruins the mystique, doesn’t it?

10 Likes

I think that you forgot about his black watch skin, it shows his face, and it shows in lore that he got tested and gained his powers in that skin.

its actually a cute anime girl

22 Likes

I wouldn’t call that “powers”. He was having physical issues due to the SEP long before Blackwatch. Moira simply modified those issues. Clearly not the cure Reyes was hoping for.

5 Likes

I mean, he’s a swarm of nanomachines now, right? Probably just looks like a swarm of robo bugs.

2 Likes

Yet he had his powers while in blackwatch… and that was his blackwatch skin… I think that it makes sense if he had that skin while in blackwatch

I suppose hes jus a shadow?
Moira is basically the same as Reaper, jus a more advanced “version” of him… also I think something went “wrong” with Moiras experiments? (Not sure on that one)
So I think it wouldnt be that far off to assume that he doesnt have a body anymore but is mostly a shadow

2 Likes

That’s not…what I meant.

True! Maybe their goal is to keep that mystery going. I remember in the beginning, many people were saying that maybe Soldier 76 wasn’t really Morrison, until we got a ton of more evidence and a skin haha

Right, we got that glimpse of him, but I mean currently his arms are white as if he lost all pigmentation in his skin so it made me curious what his face must look like haha

Definitely could be! Maybe he doesn’t have much of a real body any more and can barely hold himself together! Maybe this brings up a case if he even is “Gabriel Reyes” anymore… depending on how it turned out for him, maybe it could explain some of his motives and current obsessions - he’s a ghost with a grudge that just won’t die :skull:

1 Like

He might be disfigured in a way, but still recognizable seeing as Ana saw his face and immediately knew it’s Gabriel (albeit shocked).

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess that the robo bugs kinda hold his original shape by default.

The real question is, are his clothes real cloth, or also nanomachines? If they’re real cloth they should drop when he goes into shadow form and he’d reappear nekkid.

True! I completely forgot about that - just read that comic again; so he has to be recognizable but still look like he is disfigured and apparently, suffering.

Maybe we can get a full on Talon mission instead, shedding some light on their world and motives.

I agree that Reyes has evaporating flesh and ghoulish zombie look and same old Reyes But I also think that he doesn’t age because of the powers that Moira gave him and do to the explosion it disfigured his face but also it made his skin pale. There’s no way that he has body paint on him. It has to be from his powers because he is like a ghost. But I also think that his powers have made Reyes eyes turn into black red like a Demon.

You realize this post is a year old?

Yes I know it’s a year old but I still and wonder and think of it. Reaper is one of my favourite characters in overwatch

This, I actually think Reaper’s appearance is probably far more gruesome when left to the imagination.

Unmasking him would probably just ruin it.

What do you mean by that don’t you have point.

He probably just looks like a black mist

1 Like

Didn’t you see the comics that what happened