Unfair leaver penalty

Hello,

I would like to comment on a problem that has caused me a lot of anger and helplessness and if possible, speak with a tecnhician about it. The thing is: I’ve been banned from ranked matches for the entire season 26 for “abandonment.” Before speaking, I want to specify that I have played many team games throughout my life, games like; League of Legends, Rocket League, Overwatch, Smite, Counter Strike and more, so I know what happens when someone leaves a hole for their teammates. Throughout my entire video game experience, I have never been banned by something of this caliber in my LIFE. I consider myself someone who has a very clean attitude within the game and when it comes to following the rules I follow them. My ban has been grossly unfair. This last week, I decided to return to Overwatch after a while and after practicing a lot, I decided to get into the qualifying queues, I like to play in that more “competitive” environment. The point of this problem came when suddenly, when entering a game, the server closed my session and when I tried to enter again, it said something like “this session could not be started in the servers”. After restarting the game, I discovered that I was banned (at the beginning few minutes or hours). However, today it has happened again and after being able to enter the session after multiple attempts, I’ve received the blocking message of season 26. I want to fix this problem, because I really know that I do not deserve it and I have encountered similar problems on the forums. It just makes me very helpless what is happening, since I had planned to spend a while playing qualifiers, and I can’t imagine having to wait 41 days for a season to be renewed. I look forward to an answer.

Thank you.

You won’t get one. This isn’t a customer service page.

If you want to actually contact them about it just open a ticket with actual customer service. No one actually from blizzard ever really comes on, reads, or posts on the competitive forums, and I don’t blame them at all.

4 Likes

Sheesh first punishment you get is a 10 minute ban and a loss of a bit of SR, this isn’t even permanent.
Permanent bans are given after you’ve disconnected somewhat over 5 times as far i’m aware, so you’ve been really having alot of issues.

And just like the other person said, open a customer support ticket. Oh right, Customer Support cannot refund SR though they can overturn a ban.

You couldn’t connect to the match, you got punished. So i don’t see how it would be unfair.

1 Like

Yeah you don’t get permanently banned for a random DC. You’ve been having problems for a while and never cared to “fix” it because you could just wait for the ban timer to expire and queue again. Now that you’re permanently banned, it’s a problem for you and why you’re reaching out.

I can only imagine how many games and teammates you screwed over. Fix your DC issues, then reach out to Blizzard support and fess up. Tell them you found what the problem was and fixed it. Don’t go in saying you have no clue what happened. They know how many games you dc’ed and at what times.

Take responsibility for your actions.

1 Like

If you’re saying that you have received a season ban you’ve disconnected far more than twice in a very short period of time. You’ve also been suspended for over 29 hours in total without playing 10 games between them (to lower your suspension level).

You’re a habitual leaver and if you do it for another season you’ll receive a permanent ban from all future seasons too.

The only other option you have is to pay for a new account, and level to 25, if you wish to leave more games of overwatch.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks for the attention, I appreciate that.
I’m new at this forum so I really didn’t know about it.

For the other responses, I really get on point of your answers and I understand them, with that post I wanted to talk with a Customer Support about it, cause I’ve never have been banned for afk. I tried a lot of things to fix my DC issues, and I don’t really know if it’s my PC’s problem or other reason, all the other games work perfectly fine.

My ban may be deserved, but hey, I guess everyone can have a mistake.
Regards.