Undeserved leaving penalty in competitive

Hey,
Two days ago in my last placement match, my game became totally black.
I could see the ui, playes’ names and outlines and my abilitie cooldowns, but the rest of the game was totally black (the map, the player models etc…).
So I had to leave the match and rejoin so I could see again.
After that I noticed that when I got my rank it was lower than my season high (remember it was the last placement match).
Yesterday it happened to me again.
So now I have lost rank twice due to this bug.

1 Like

happened to me too on Blizzard world map.
Twice on this same map. the other maps are working fine.
lost almost 90 sr because of this bug. Hope they fix it soon in the upcoming maintenance break.

this just happened to me, and its been going on for a while. its happened to me in the last 4 seasons. and i know its not my connection, because im talking to my team about the issue on discord. they need to fix it and return the SR

The symptoms you have described are very like a connection latency issue and not a game bug. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new post in the technical support forum and state you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!