Unbearably laggy for too long, Please help!

(I split it up into paragraphs for easier reading)
My game keeps lagging super hard whenever I’m in a match. It’s never done this before, it only just started happening like a month ago, and I haven’t been able to play properly since. Like, the first 5-7 minutes of the match will be okay, and then it will start lagging super hard and I get removed for inactivity. When it lags, I usually can’t see what’s happening because the lag freezes my POV. (I hope that makes sense) I would also like to add that for the rest of the session, my game will be unbearably laggy, and I cannot play.

However, If I log onto overwatch and I begin the session with playing in the practice range, I can play forever in the practice range, and it won’t glitch and lag. But, if I exit the practice range and play in a real match (even a match against AI) It will lag and glitch. It’s very strange.

I know it’s not an issue with my Wi-Fi, as I used to be able to play perfectly fine on it. I updated the battle.net client too, but that didn’t seem to fix anything. I tried the IP config and flushed DNS in the command prompt, but it seemed to make it more laggy. Furthermore, I don’t know why this keeps happening, I would just like to play overwatch and not have it lag! Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Have you checked for overheating?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.