Yeah, I know my account has been suspended for a season, but wouldn’t that really stupid if the cause is just 1 single ping spike that got me disconnected from the game and stuck me on loading screen for entire match? Also the thing is it doesn’t happen just once, it happens for about 4 times in a day.
This sounds like a consistant connection issue. When experiencing this, it is important for you to avoid Competitive Play completely until you can properly troubleshoot this issue. All disconnections and crashes do count as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately and Competitive season bans cannot be appealed.
We can help you try to diagnose and troubleshoot the issue of course. First check to make sure you own equipment including your computer, router, and modem are working correctly:
Of course there can be problems between you and the game server. A WinMTR test is the fastest and most accurate way to pinpoint such an issue.
"WinMTR Instructions for Overwatch
- Download WinMTR from Download WinMTR-v092.zip (WinMTR) (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 18.104.22.168:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 22.214.171.124
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 126.96.36.199
- US Central - 188.8.131.52
- Brazil - 184.108.40.206
- Europe - 220.127.116.11
- Europe - 18.104.22.168
- Korea - 22.214.171.124
- Taiwan - 126.96.36.199