Unable to log into account due to security codes not working

So here’s the full story. (please help)

A little while the battlenet app stoped working for me (worked fine previously today), it just wouldn’t pop up.
I try run with administrator and all that still nothing…
I restart my computer, still nothing…
At this point I just decide to reinstall the battle net app.
I do so, viola now it works but wait… Now I need to authenticate my account that I’m trying to log into…

Quick relevant backstory: I have SMS protect and authenticator on my phone for my account (not the account I’m posting from) - and I haven’t used it in a year since I have never logged the account anywhere but from the same PC, so i also haven’t even touched the authenticator on my phone.

Back to today: Okay, I got to my phone, clikc on authenticator and it says: “set up your authenticator” - I’m like sure, click next -
It says enter security code, meanwile a security code is sent to my sms.
I type that code in - wrong code it says.
And now the story becomes fun.

I try entering the code again, I get an sms with the very same code and every time I enter the code I received, it’s wrong

So I wonder: why do I keep getting the same wrong code on my sms?
I restart my phone.
Do it all again
Omg I get a new code (new number)
I enter it extremely carefully, making sure every number is right - wrong code

You know what, I’m not the person to give up, and I click resend code and what do you know, it doesn’t wanna do that anymore… I read somewhere online that I have to wait 24h for it, but I figure the same story would happen so i go to customer support - I click “remove authenticator”

But here we are again, in order for me to do that i need to enter the sms code - that famously doesn’t work.

Help me, please

Nevera,

You can submit a ticket for this at this link. After entering your email, use the option at the bottom to submit a ticket with an email. You may need to log out of the website to use this link (assuming you’re logged in.)

1 Like

Thank you for the reply,
I have decided to wait 24h to resend SMS code (mostly because I had a busy day and wasn’t able to either play today or make time to deal with emails and authenticator removal and such, so I said to myself, “I have refreshed, reinstalled everything i’m just gonna give it one more chance to make sure the issue wasn’t resyncing authenticator to late in my attempts to log in”)
Used another account (the one I’m posting from) to reinstall/resync the authenticator on my phone.
Tried again a while ago, got a message, new code - wrote it in carefully
and it WORKED :smiley:

So everything is fine now and works properly. Thank you very much anyway
(I totally did not have a heart-attack yestreday, it’s a 15+ year old account X) )

Glad you got it resolved either way, and thanks for sharing your process for anybody else who may want to do it themselves in the future. Good luck with the games today!

1 Like

Hello, if you are here and find yourself in this situation you might try changing your browser.
I tried a few times on Chrome and I got this invalid code issue and then I tried to add the phone number from Microsoft Edge and for my surprise it worked just fine.
The SMSs recieved when using Chrome looked like this “xxxxx ref: pIMt4Qoe1dwlvz” and the codes were always wrong, but when I added the phone number from Edge the SMS looked like Your verification code is xxxxxx - Blizzard Entertainment"