Ultimate Overwatch Guide

Hello fellow forum goers, as the title says I’m trying to make the ultimate overwatch guide including tips and tricks for all heroes and map specific tricks as well as general information the game does not give you outright, what prompted me to do this was finding out that multiple people in diamond didn’t know that you could rotate mei’s wall and that the payload healed them, it was at this point I decided to start this and I want to ask for your help in the comments below I would like you to help by giving tips and tricks you’ve learned while playing the game from hero specific to map specific, hero synnergies and hero counters, anything you wish to share! You will be credited for your tips! :grinning:

2 Likes

McCree’s combat roll reloads his weapon. It always amuses me that a majority thinks it’s just a lame movement ability

3 Likes

when damage boosted, nano boosted, or attacking a discorded enemy in his ult, genji does over 150 damage (156 with damage boost or discord, 180 with nano) per swing, which is enough to one shot a tracer, or an out of mech d.va, and with a swing/dash combo, enough to do 221 damage (255 with nano) in less than a second.

This is a tip for anyone with damage boosting abilities including orisa, and also a tip for genji’s when combo’ing with other heroes.

1 Like

That’s a great tip for both genji’s and like you said damage boosters! Thank you for the tip!

If you die just as you use tracers ult and lose it don’t start crying on the forums

2 Likes

I can understand that I used to think that too before I played him for a bit! I’ll be sure to add this one!

Jumping after using almost any mobility in the game will give you a large boost of extra movement, examples being DF punch, winston jump, and mercy flight. Super important thing that not many take advantage of.

1 Like

Sombra: If you throw your translocator in the air to get a big EMP and you are in stealth, translocate as you are coming out for a more seamless EMP.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that one, I always thought those were glitches!

Roadhog: you can m1 or m2 + hook + walk forward + aim for neck/head area + m1 + melee this allows you 1 be able to 1 shot heroes better

2 Likes

I’ll have to make sure to use that one when I’m playing sombra myself!

Practice it in custom games for sure.

1 Like

Hmm interesting thanks for the tips!

Yea its just an interaction with the physics engine where you keep your momentum while in the air. It also helps if you keep moving while in the air, air control is really strong in this game.

1 Like

I see! I assume characters like Tracer and McCree this wouldn’t work because of how fast theirs are?

I dont play them in ranked so i really dont know, blink dosent actually apply force to your character it teleports you so it probably wouldn’t work though, but it might becase you can do it in very specific situations with genji dash (also a teleport) combined with wall climb instead of jump, if you wall climb for one frame the frame you come out of a dash it can absolutely launch you, but this is not a good use of dash most of the time, and honestly might have been patched out.

Dont know enogh about how roll is coded to assume the interaction.

1 Like

Lucio soundwave knocks people further back the close you are to them and boops them in the direction you are looking at

2 Likes

I knew it knocked them back but I didn’t know distance between you and them affected the boop thank you for the tip!

1 Like

It’s hard to notice now due to the changes allowing heros to have better aeromobilty.

1 Like

The way you have a dva bomb do more damage is by damage boosting or nanoing baby dva after she launches it

1 Like