Ultimate Balance Tutorial

Well it’s certainly a strange concept…

How would role queue work in this sort of format?

Oh. Well, I was kinda into the idea of making Doomfist more of a Tank, as well as Bastion.

Widow could stay DPS I guess, just lower her headshot damage to a flat 200 or so.

And make Hanzo an actual sniper.

I’m really not sure what to do with Symmetra (sorry Sym mains…)

Ald lastly, Torbjörn… oh boy. The man needs to just lose that stupid Overload ability and get his Armor packs back. Make him a Support, I don’t care. Lol.

If Sombra is in support, then Lucio should too. Symm could be in support, and Torb just needs some buffs then he’s good to go to assault.

Widow is fine to me right now, no comment for the other two deleted heroes and Bastion just needs a full rework.

NO.
First of all, Symmetra Bastion Moira and Sombra should be removed.
Second of all, Doomfist Hanzo and Widowmaker are all important and skilled heroes who shouldn’t be removed.
There is no reason to do this. Come back when you have actual ideas.

HOW?!

HOW???

Tell me how :joy::joy:

I will admit Doom can take some skill but being able to stand and one shot people across the map as Hanzo or Widow is less skillful than anything that isn’t Moira

Tank and support require totally different mindsets than dps. Dps however can do what they want as the devs cater to them much more.

Idc how hard people argue that aim=skill because half the dps can play as brain dead as a dps Moira but because you’re dps you get to win :joy: no real positioning or game sense or even ult management since you can get it back quickly, aim is like the icing on the cake.

Bro, I hate to be blunt, but don’t be a self centered little (word I cannot use on the forums, use your imagination).

The lad has taken their time to make something that challenges the way we think about the game, with some fresh ideas that could be FUN to try.

No need to shut them down like you’re the arbiter of this place.

1 - 1 - 1 - 1

I’m trying to move away from oneshots.

Brig got that. See OP.

But the problem is that he will lose his healing. Will speed boost alone attract players to pick him up?

It was a stupid joke. Can you help me rework these heroes to fit a 4 vs 4?

curious
How will the medic role be balanced?

Are they going to roll over and die to “assault?”

Just want to know the difference between them and supports

Speed boost is the reason why the higher rank pick him up. Lower ranks lucio also plays him in a more… Independent way. With your format of 1-1-1-1, it would mean that support is the second DPS that provides utility, and Lucio fit that role imo.

Or put him in Medic. There’s not a lot of option there (with only Ana, Bap and Mercy), and his healing is enough to keep three people alive.

Here’s how the game will turn into:

4 vs 4

Role queue: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1

Tank: focuses on protecting the team
Assault: provides damage
Support: supplements utility
Medic: keeps team alive with healing

Supports will have no healing.

I’m convinced. Thanks.

I thought about that, but Bap’s got the AOE medic slot, and I think Lucio might overshadow him if his healing got buffed. This is why I haven’t touched Mercy’s beam and only reduced Ana’s healing a bit to compensate for her mechanical requirements. Otherwise things might turn into a balance nightmare, in my opinion.

I’d put Moira into the Medics, not the Supports. Her healing game is currently the most interesting part of her kit with the resource management etc. It seems like a lot more effort to turn her into your version of a Support. Especially since Supports already have at least six characters to choose from, while Medics have a measly three.

In my mind, he is the survivable AOE healer if he’s in medic. We have Ana and Mercy for single target but one is more survivable and the other isn’t. I was thinking the same thing about Bap and Lucio.

Also, some supports have defensive utility and I think that some will be paired with different medics to complement each other.

For example, Ana, a very capable healer is paired with a support that focuses on offensive utility (Zen, Moira and Sombra) while Mercy is a very survivable healer with weaker healing that has best synergy with supports that has defensive utility (Zarya, D.Va and Brigitte.)

I mostly just think about giving the medic role more choice. And about Lucio in medic role, I was thinking keeping his healing the same since AOE is strong in it’s own way.

Imo, Bap is very strong with AOE 50 HPS. In 4v4, the team obviously takes less damage since only 3-4 players that deals damage to them, which is different from current 6v6 format where 4-6 people could deal damage to your team. Not to mention that there is less player that need to be kept alive.

That’s why I thought Lucio could work with his current healing, and in turn I thought of nerfing Bap since his primary healing is too strong when he has an ability to also heal the group (regen burst.)

I can see that.

Just seems like medics will be balanced to be defenseless and uselessly die to anything that attacks them as many supports can not effectively heal themselves. This means they will…die to anyone else. Every time

I do not like forcefully establishing heal bots in the game whether it is 2/2/2 3/2/1 4/1/1 or whatever

Supports also do not make too much sense. They’d have to be balanced to have extreme utility, such as Torb’s armor prior to his rework, or they’d just be the medic that can’t heal or the assaults that can’t damage.

I’m not against extreme utility but I think Blizzard is with the nerf of IF, insta-rez, armor pack, rally, shield gen, etc.

The community also hates utility characters. I mean I still am haunted by Torb picks it just looks like a throw despite him being solid. And my goodness, the amount of hate Mei gets is almost half of what Hamster deserves!

And we know we can’t have a support able to shoot a gun and kill an assault! People will be outraged that they can be out-played by another player!

Tl;dr: I would prefer we keep the current support role and add a utility role instead of dividing it into medic and support.

this is how you balance the game imo

Worth it just for that

1 Like

So much for widowmaker

Its actually ironic reading this and looking at your player icon LMAO (just kidding don’t take it seriously)

1 Like

I’d be ok with them nerfing all the main supports of they made that change.

Heck, I’ll let them delete Mercy too. Rip my main girl but at least I can Ana in peace.

Lol, sad truth… poor Bastion doesn’t get enough love. :persevere:

When I read “recycle bin” and “removed”…

“How is wonderful these tears from who can’t accept what is overwatch”