Turn Competitive Mode into a STANDALONE game

Yes, that’s right. I already made a topic vouching to segregate Balancing between Casual Modes (Quick Play, Arcade) and Competitive Mode here You should segregate balance between “Casual” and Competitive", Blizzard - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums but recently I realized there can be a superior solution: just turn Competitive Mode into a separate game! Therefore there would be 2 versions of Overwatch: “Casual Edition” and “Competitive Edition”, though these titles are only tentative.
To be clear, whoever owns Overwatch should have free access to “Competitive Edition” but for newcomers I suggest making them buying separately each version costing 60% of regular price and the “Complete Edition” (Overwatch as it is today) as a bundle costing the regular price.
Whoever owns both Editions would be able to uninstall either of Editions if desired to save up space on HDD or SSD. Though I think both Editions should contain “Training Mode”, though it would be fair to allow “Competitive Edition” owners to uninstall Training Mode since I suppose it would be redundant to them.
All the Competitive related Skins would be exclusive to “Competitive Edition” as well.
The main Advantage of having to separate editions for Overwatch would be Separate Balances. As a player who only cares about Casual modes, no more buffed or nerfed characters because of nonsenses as “meta”, SR, “pick rate”, “win rates”, etc. The competitive players would be better benefitted from exclusive balances too since Casual players would not be have to be taking into account anymore to balance their game. Win-Win!
Please, Blizzard, get this done!

So
I guess I can finally forget about comp right?

Also what do you do with golden guns?

1 Like

In the past I always said no to this. But honestly at this point, competitive balance is bleeding over way too much into the other modes and making the heroes feel like garbage. I’d be willing to try it.

2 Likes

They should have Tournament as a standalone, and make that OWL rules

2 Likes

So ignoring whether or not separate balancing between the modes would be better, I’m not following how this would be an even better idea…

If “casual” mode gets the balance team that did the April fool’s exc, I am absolutely on board

Yall can have the boring balance team.

Whoever already has golden guns gets to keep them but newer ones, only from “Competitive Edition”. I think it would be fair enough to carry over obtained golden guns to “Casual Edition”.

I’m sorry brother this will never happen.

and golden guns would just never be available to “casual” side players again?

1 Like