Tune into the Overwatch 2 Reveal Event on June 16

Doesn’t Reaper have a very similar voice line?

Now we wait.

18 Likes

That’s right; “The reckoning is at hand”, I think?

Well unless it’s got something to do with Reaper or more broadly Talon: which I’m not really anticipating, then I’ve got nothing.

I think it’s just a tongue in cheek reference to say “things are changing”

I’m hoping for a roadmap to the PvP launch, but I’m trying to keep my expectations low.

The next beta and who knows what

2 Likes

Kinda ridiculous we have to wait so long to know when the next beta will be. If it isnt announced on the 16th, I just don’t know anymore.

Sadly it is 1-2-2 not 1-3-1 :confused: but still we can do that on classic :smiley:

I love this gif, that other 2 which had zen.

This image defines OW1 really well :laughing: :joy:

1 Like

I mean. They announced the day the first beta ended they would reveal the next beta on the 16th. It’s confirmed they’re going to talk about it. What else constitutes their “plans for the months ahead” is the big question.

2 Likes

Ready to be disappointed.
The blog claims that you hear us, you listen and you are transparent, but let’s be real. Most of the time in the past you heard and listened just specific people and were transparent only with the stuff you wanna be. Not expecting that to change.
Feel free to prove me wrong - if that’s the case where is the transparency with Mei’s stats in the beta after butchering her with 7 undeserved nerfs? Or were those a disaster that you had to hide them and hype up the previous blog with Sojourn stats?

13 Likes

I’m gonna have to put my thinking hat on how they can make Mei mains a bit less underwhelmed with OW2 Mei.

Can’t wait! According to the meta files of the YouTube premiere the video will be almost 43 minutes long! I can’t wait to see what the team has in store for us with OW2 :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I just hope that would be more than 5-15min worthwhile footage, instead of what happened previously which made them to create another video to talk about the “real” stuff.

I don’t mind PR moves and some representation, but should be done in a proper moment and on a right place. If you gonna announce something prioritize and focus on that, later you can do a video about anything else. They said something showed and focused on other stuff and ended in a worthwhile of 1-5min of video footage who didn’t explained much about the hero they were supposed to talk about.

3 Likes

I think they will using the same way what they did last year during the Blizzconline 2021. Many liked the format, cause they showed us new content & features alongside development footage and developers comments at the same time!

2 Likes

Ah but if you look closely tracer is fighting reaper on the roof tops (so 141)

And based on incoming projectiles….they’re fighting Hanzo, genji, mei, pharah, Cassidy? (Bullets but could be anyone)…and the aforementioned reaper

Edit - Actually might be soldier…I think that’s a helix rocket

1 Like

Would this stuff help?

It is soldier, genji, pharah, mei and hanzo on the other side

I see the reaper and tracer on the top now. Well it’s 6v6 for sure

1 Like

Overwatch has always stood for inclusivity, open-mindedness, and the idea that the world could always use more heroes.

We are listening, we hear you, and we can’t wait to show you what’s coming for Overwatch 2.

Some might say it’s time for a reckoning.

Calling it now they announce a new support character that is a minority and has a catchphrase that uses the word “reckoning”.

2 Likes

if only OW was really like this. i miss the team fortress-ish vibe we had back in 2016/2017.

wish we had map tools so i could build one where you have to stay with the payload or die. maybe a volcano or grand canyon kinda thing

5 Likes

There’s this given stigma about certain Damage heroes “being where they belong” when it comes to fixing their problems: Bastion, Junkrat, Pharah, Mei, Symmetra, and Reaper are the highlights.

Practically all these heroes still have unresolved issues that most likely won’t be addressed due to them not being popular nor liked by the majority of the community. Which is a shame, truly.

3 Likes

Announcement for announcement :thinking:

4 Likes

What a great PR talk about “supporting and caring for the community.” How do we remember the last 3 years? <: What’s up Blizzard? <:
Instead of talking such nonsense just show it in actions, not just in PR words. Nobody gets fooled by this “caring for the community” or “listening to the community”.
I am waiting for what will happen 16. I do not count on anything big because I would probably disappoint again like in the last 3 years of “caring for the community” ^^
And of course, the first phase of the Overwatch 2 beta was a very good move, but when you hear PR talk about “inclusiveness”, “caring for the community” ect, comparing it with reality, it’s hard to stay calm …

12 Likes