Tryna get 400fps solid- CPU speed/Ram Speed Which is limiting factor for me atm?

Unlesss you even have a 400hz monitor , I find it a waste of time . And even then I’m 100% sure you won’t benefit from 400 Hz. Pretty sure the eye won’t see above 240.

1 Like

For anyone looking at this in the future: no it won’t make any difference, don’t bother.

I mean if the hardware is capable of it why not do it? I don’t get people party pooping other people’s fun. Will it affect their performance? Probably not. Can you still be happy about having your fps pinned to 400? Hell yes you can, even if it doesn’t make much sense to most people. Also there’s a guy on youtube who got fix 400 with a 9600k, 4000MHz ram and a 1060, since then they did it with a variety of hardware, so it’s not impossible to do with your rig imo

tRFC 350 is not “tight” :joy: , at least not if its b-die which I believe that kit is

But anyway, maintain 400 is very hard, in my testing OW seems to come down to pure single core speed and low latency ram, or running a very high freq ram like 4400 with not so good timings it can offset it.

Your primary timings of the ram could be improve even further and probably the rest of them but it won’t really be holding you back that much.

May be able to drop tRAS to 28-32 range.
tRFC for bdie should be around 140-180ns so for 3600mhz
140 * 3600 / 2000 = 252
180 * 3600 / 2000 = 324

350 is usually what the motherboard choose as default/auto for an 8gb Dimm.

You could also likely make improvements on tRRDS tRRDL tFAW & tWR.

If you have not done so already you could also overclock the cache on the Intel chip by messing around with VCCSA & VCCIO voltages.

But you are pretty much at the limit of what your chip and system can do apart from some minor tweaks which could help boost up 1% and 0.1% lows.

1 Like

Here’s the thing:

Forcing a system to run that hard is going to consume more power, and work your system harder than it has to.

You only get so much help before it flatlines. You are better off rolling in at around 200-250hz. (I think 240 is a good spot). Have a monitor capable of matching it. THEN set your system/game quality settings to where the GPU doesn’t have to strain to keep it at that setting, no matter what you are doing in game. If you manage all that two things will happen:

1. Your FPS will be rock solid at that setting, not dipping, maybe just fluctuating at most a 1 or 2hz.

2. Your latency will be nice and low, your system response will be tight.

And as a bonus your card won’t have to work as hard or get as hot.

Good luck.

Not everything is possible through hardware changes.

Did you know that if I spend $50k on a PC GTA5 would still take a few minutes to load. Some guy rebuilt the way the game looks up item tables and cut the time to load down by almost 80%.

Takeaway - Sometimes the code and the way the game is built just sucks. Well not so much sucks but would require thousands of hours of code changes for minimal optimization gains.

There are some games from the early 2000’s that wouldn’t go above 200fps even on today’s machines.

Hey I’m happy with my 2070 super the gpu is still in the top 3% best gpus rn :v

all you need is the most powerful cpu + overclocked ram + middle tier gfcard
The fastest cpu for games rn is 5900x, soon it will be replaced by 11900k

You dont need 3090 or even 3070 to achieve 400 fps in overwatch, especially if you play in 1080p
If you think you dont drop below 360fps just use CapFrameX https://www.capframex.com/download

Like, open any your replay in OW, get to the moment where gates opening, launch fps bench in CapFrameX and stopt it before the screen “1:3 or smth” appeared. Check different maps in game so you will be sure you are ok or not.

Lmao. Thanks for the laugh mate.

You honestly can’t expect me to take you serious now right? You’re at 360 frames, you will live.

Dude, look. He wants to get 400 fps, he’s not crying about not getting 400. He asked for help to achieve that, so if you can’t help with what he wants I’m not sure why you’re on this thread. If he wants to get it let him have his fun and be on your way, even if what he wants is pretty much unnecessary it’s not like he’s hurting you or anyone with it

I pushed my budget a little and also got a 2070. For a (almost 3 years old now?) card it is also worth more than when we bought it because of this stupid mining craze.

I haven’t played a game yet where it struggles.

my tip for you don’t overclock your PC too much or something will die
i know someone with very high end PC last Ryzen and RTX3090 and still cant get 400fps all the time