Transcendence needs a nerf

Im tired of everyone saying that Zen’s balanced, this ult is ridiculously powerful, during Valk’s peak Trans was STILL a more valuable ult in pro play, this ult makes Lucio’s ult look like an E ability too. Sound Barrier either has to be buffed to be like Trans or Trans just has to be nerfed, as a Lucio main I’m tired that the standard of Trans has been set so high that Sound Barrier just can’t compete and I have to swap off for that reason alone.

8 Likes

Perhaps wait and see if the buff to Lucio is going to do him good before yo ustart chomping at the mouth for Zen nerfs yes?

11 Likes

The sound barrier buff doesn’t change anything, Sound Barrier still decays in 6 seconds meaning that Zen’s ult that makes you invincible for 6 seconds is still a crap ton better than Sound Barrier, if you take damage before your shields decay Sound Barrier lasts even shorter.

1 Like

and you do no know his ult then.

its only god mdoe for him. not allies. alleis can die to high burst if u can do mroe than 300 dps or use an ult liek tire, d.va, DF, etc.

where as Lucio’s saves you FROM those burst ults.

they fill different needs.

4 Likes

No but it does put Sound Barrier into the area of healt hthat stops burt ults like rip tire and Bomb
Insta kills work through Trance they do not work through sound barrier hence the dynamic these two are supposed to have and is why the lucio buff is a very good idea.

300 HPS is basically invincible like lets be honest Sound Barrier isn’t gonna protect you for more than 2 seconds in a team fight while Trans will do it for 6.

tosses Ana grenade
I think the answer is to make Ana useful again

9 Likes

no it isnt :expressionless:
ask any Widow whose ult is more annoying. zens or lucio’s.

1 Like

I’d rather see Sound Barrier buffed to Trance’s level than the other way around. If support ults can’t consistently block damage ults, there’s not really much a point to them.

2 Likes

How about no and have a good day?

6 Likes

lmao any decent enough Widow will kill Lucio while he’s shouting to everyone he’s gonna break it down. He even conveniently moves up and down super slow for an easy shot.

I mean, there still has to be something to defend against the enemy team all pressing Q at the same time.

Just buff Sound Barrie- oh wait, they already did.

you 4get the DPS mains HATE anythign that denies them kills

multiple heroes havign utls capable of team wipes are fine…a few who can coutner those? blasphemy. nerf em.

2 Likes

and any decent enough widow should be able hit headshots (which deal 300 damage and should be able to kill squishies through transcendence)

the problem isnt that trans is so strong, it s that sound barrier is too weak. these two ults can be seen as counterparts of each other. especially since they’re the two defensive ults (ults supposed to counter offensive ults) released at the start of the game. trans protects against sustained damage from ults and sound barrier against burst damage.

trans is like one of two of the purely defensive ultimates in the game (three if you count brig’s as mercy’s can be used to buff offensive power and moira’s duals as offensive).

Sounds barrier was actually considered much stronger back in the day because trans can be countered by an Ana nade. Until they made SB interruptible at least. Trans is fine but I don’t think to buff to Lucio will make that much of a difference since it can still be easily interrupted. I wish they made his cast time faster.

4 Likes

Good but can’t counter a DPS combo, Lucio can counter a Grav Dragon combo, not Zenyatta if Hanzo is damage boosted.

300 hp isn’t invicible, Widow can Headshot you in a Transcendance, you can be killed by Doomfist too, Junkrat’s Riptire, D.Va’s Bomb, Tracer Bomb if it’s stuck, etc…

1 Like

Well, that’s Cuz Valkyrie sucks as a defensive ult. Even at its peak, it was only 2 Rezes, which is only two teammates of 5 where Trans can save 5 of 5

Lucio’s ult also generally sucks, but that isn’t Zen’s fault. Lucio’s ult needs to be brought to Trans’s level, and his current buff is a step in the right direction, it just needs to not vanish as fast as it does.

No he can’t. Sound Barrier doesn’t do anything in a Grav combo, especially when AoE attacks are involved.

Sorry I tough ^^ sry