Tracer's All-Star Skin makes me uncomfortable

I thought a few times about whether to post this, anticipating backlash, but I think I want my opinion to be heard.

Tracer’s new All-Star skin makes me, a lesbian, pretty uncomfortable. Tracer has been fantastic lesbian representation - I love that Blizzard hasn’t shied away from making her soft butch and honestly, she’s a godsend. She’s my favorite character.

However, the All-Star skin has super feminized her. She’s got lipstick. Long, dangly earrings. Pastel colours, less ‘butch’ hair and just… for me, it harks back to spending my life trying to avoid being forced into dresses, makeup and heels. To feminize such a fantastically butch character feels like a big regression to me. I don’t think anyone who hasn’t been gender non-comforming can understand exactly how uncomfortable it is to see another gender non-conforming character casually returned to conformity. Surely we can save the feminine costumes for feminine characters?

It just makes me super uncomfortable and I hope not many people use it.

116 Likes

What?

She looks fine.

You’re looking way too closely at this.

Edit: You’re ignoring the fact that this skin is completely lore unrelated, Genji’s a freaking volcano tiki dude and Tracer is a water shell goddess apparently. That aside, Blizz can do whatever tf they want, it’s their character. I think the skins look dope.

All that aside, last time I checked you’re not Tracer, how dare you attempt to assume her conformity, let her be her own person, tsk tsk.

Edit edit: We’ve surpassed OP, I’d like to thank the Academy and you wonderful level headed people that remember it’s just a cool effin skin.

247 Likes

are you saying lesbians can’t wear lipsticks and can’t be feminine? What? there’s literally a term for that, lipstick-lesbian.

175 Likes

I feel like anyone who just-so-happens to be LGBT on this forum is overdramatic to the point that it is nauseating.

You are just reaching so heavily I can’t even finish this post.

Who is even upvoting this mess?

201 Likes

theyre not saying that at all. Read it again. Tracer is more of a butch lesbian, not a femme/lipstick lesbian. they feel that this new skin is erasing being butch from tracer.

13 Likes

Being gay myself I cannot agree more with this. Its literally just a skin for a hero. It isn’t that deep. And there’s nothing stopping a Lesbian from being feminine and gender conformative, nothing wrong with it. Being a gay kid growing up, I would always hate it when people automatically assumed that I would be much more feminine than other boys as a result. There’s nothing wrong with being gay AND gender conformative.

48 Likes

Wait, where is this skin?

3 Likes

I agree, she’s always been a soft butch and her being in feminine clothing is completely out of character and pretty uncomfortable. Obviously there’s lesbians that are more feminine but the fact is that she’s never been that, in all her skins she’s been more butch.

18 Likes

I am so butch but sometimes enjoy my feminity. Tracer can surely do the same. My girlfriend agrees. This is a bit dramatic.

29 Likes

Skins that barely have anything to do with the OWL being put behind a paywall (potentially) makes me uncomfortable.

I swear this is their plan:

14 Likes

What are you talking about she looks like the most butch than she ever did.
Well maybe except lightning which is just the worst skin in the game.

Actually since when is Tracer a butch? she is the antithesis of a butch.

5 Likes

is she? My perception must be off cause i see her as a really childish but still feminine hero. All of her skins are pretty quirky and playful, even girly to some extent. Also in the comics she’s really portrayed as this adorable goofy girl. She’s definitely not butch lol. If anything she’s in the middle field which means she can do both. I sympathize with OP to an extent cause I’m gay (with their struggle) but not this being an issue when it clearly is not.

19 Likes

“Vital game content” Oh please, give me a break.

11 Likes

Tracer has never been butch.

17 Likes

It’s meant as a joke, calm down and dont be so serious -.-

2 Likes

Your idea that people can’t look anyway they want while being attracted to whomever they want makes me uncomfortable.

36 Likes

Thats what I am wondering.

Tracer is a tomboy you could say but not a butch. Just google “butch” and see people rocking that style but they look nothing like tracer.

12 Likes

tracer isn’t butch. shes plane jane. name anything “butch” about her

acts like a giddy girl :white_check_mark:

wears formfitting clothes like a girl :white_check_mark:

just go look at her legendaries. her punk skins have her in booty shorts and leggings

shes wearing an elf like mini dress and leggings in her elf skin

at most you could call her tomboyish. but butch? no.

34 Likes

Try googling ‘soft butch’ instead. This is Tracer.

Again, I’m not saying all lesbians have to look like this, but this is the way Tracer has so far been presented to us: soft butch. Casually removing that and making her feminine is uncomfortable for me.

9 Likes

So what if it makes you uncomfortable?

7 Likes