Tracer is straight in China

Nah fam, they are not. What you are saying fits as a fallacy of relative privation.

Who defines what a “quibble” is anyway? You’re speaking about perspective while also using your own to define what is/isn’t important.

I’m getting all righteous because Blizzard is pretending they’re some kind of brave progressive messiah for gaming when it was 100% some accountants determined they’d make a bit of profit if they made Tracer gay, but only for the west.

Be grateful for not living in those areas and remember that fact. That’s my point.

My point about quibbling is there will always be some lack of satisfaction in life with some differences; making a mountain out of every case is just lacking perspective. And yes, I will define what is important.

Gee maybe homosexuals would like to be grateful for that fact by trying to keep it that way.

Do you honestly think in 2019 going into 2020 you’re going to see some mass turn against it in the West? The only way that could possibly happen is if we allow people migrating from these other areas to attempt to change the laws or retain their old cultural values.

However, feel free to be utterly offended and disenfranchised it apparently is what you guys prefer in every case. Good luck to you in life.

…which is why it is fallacious.

It is a fact that people are still murdered here in the US for their sexuality. It is a fact that there is still not legal legislation preventing transmen and transwomen from getting fired for being trans.

Which is why your argument is fallacious. What you find minuscule and unimportant isn’t the same for everyone.

I mean im okay with this. Tracer deserves kids with a nice young man. :slight_smile:

Bro there are influential people who are straight up threatening to shoot anyone who teaches gay acceptance in America and encouraging others to do the same. If gay people in the west took your advice and just didn’t fight back against anything what you just described in 2019 going into 2020 would happen.

1 Like

So many mostly religious people tryed to “cure” gays and all they had to do is by them a plane ticket to China :man_facepalming:

Tracer simply disagrees with her author in being strictly Lesbian when she is in the Glorious People’s Republic, and becomes bi.

That’s how business work kid (lighting up a cigar with a Ben Franklin)

But its not institutionalized - thats a fact too, and rarely in comparison to other parts of the world. Facts. Its not the same relatively by a large degree.

No one is saying “murder” is a “quibble”; all your doing is going to extremes here to make a point. That’s why your writing it off as “relative privation” is fallacious. Quibbling would be getting mad your company didn’t make some announcement about pride month.

Wow I guess all those gay conversion therapy camps in America don’t actually exist then. I guess conservatives trying to legalize firing gay people for being gay isn’t actually happening.

I guess Mike “set phasers to straight” Pence isn’t our Vice President currently.

2 Likes

Again, extremes. Go to the Middle East with your partner and get thrown off a roof and see how that works out.

That’s not true, if you goes to a Chinese hospital or visit a Chinese counselor, they would still tell you being gay is not a disorder and it has no cured, neither does it need to be cure. The censorship law is homophobic indeed, but that doesn’t mean every one in China is homophobe

Still a crappy dictatorial regime that deserves to be isolated.

Holy god are you just physically incapable of pulling out the fallacy of relative privation?

2 votes and 0 comments so far on Reddit

1 Like

It is institutionalized. Businesses have the law on their side to discriminate against people.

You aren’t the arbiter who gets to decide when things are objectively “quibbles.” You are free to think it if you want to, but it isn’t an objective fact that it is considered quibbling.

My god do you not understand its not a point in every case? You can use that as a backout to any form of criticism if you kind declare one iota of disenfranchisement. Fine. You think its no better in the West, please go forth. You’r incapable of admitting there is a difference.

1 Like

Wait. Can we take a minute to laugh at the “live pic of me slipping on black ice this morning” title?