Tracer Has No REAL Counter

looks at title

Correct.

looks at op

Also correct.

Tracer has had no real counters since shield bash was gutted (5 damage, 7 second cooldown, then repair pack adjustments, then repair pack nerf).

Yet players still erroneously think that Brigitte “counters” tracer by merely existing…

Moira also threatens tracer, but blizzard wants to reduce Moira’s offensive power…that will make tracer a true kingpin of meta once again.

I’ve been saying that tracer is low key meta for months now, ever since brig got “rebalanced” for 2-2-2.

I mean she can be annoying but she has such a little HP and you need to practice a lot to be able to do good with her, she is really high-skill.

Besides you can always go Hog (can burst her down, put pressure on her, and one-hook and you are dead), Moira (can annoy her any put her under pressure that she has less than 3 seconds to do anything otherwise Tracer is dead), Brig (even with the nerfs she can step up against Tracer), Pharah (no need to explain), Soldier (can poke her a lot from a safe distance, while if she is close he can burst her down with a rocket), Cre (Good Cre can hit shots on her from a range and if she is close she has to waste blinks to dodge flash), Torb (The GOAT at anti-flanking, especially against Tracer. His turret will do noticable dmg to Tracer’s little HP and his right click shotgun can burst her down if she is close, not even talking about that he can survive her dmg with his E), Echo (no need to explain),
Orisa (poke dmg, she needs to burn blinks to dodge hault, while also Orisa will survive with dancing around her shield while being Fortified), D.Va can deny her ult and her dmg while also follow her and poke her to retreat), Zarya can bubble any of Tracer’s target while doing massive dmg if you can aim, Winston can annoy her and follow her, and if a Sombra is staying close to her team then Tracer can’t do anything if she gets hacked.

With this many soft and hard counters i don’t think Tracer is that much of a problem. Sorry but git gud.

1 Like

She can easily avoid all of those when you have the smallest hitbox in the game right now and the best mobility in the game on a 3 second cooldown.

This. You just have to hope they’re bad, cause if not? Have fun.

Simply because other heroes are stronger. i.e Ashe, who’s probably going to get a nerf soon anyway.

Atleast someone understands what I’m trying to say :pensive:

1 Like

if she’s avoiding every stun/whatever that can counter her 100% of the time is she ever actually shooting at anyone, or just blinking and running away?

You know you can shoot in between your blinks right? And the blinks have 3 second cooldowns compared to the 6-10 second CC cooldowns in the game?

ITS HIGH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON :cowboy_hat_face:

I could have misunderstood but
its the best BECAUSE its on a 3 second cooldown wich she really needs it to be hard to hit.
Pro tip for getting good aim

Stop relying on moira and brig they were added so people with no aim can kill or counter flankers.

She does have some counters, just no hard counters, which is the ideal situation. You want most matchups to still be skill-based even if one hero has the theoretical edge over the other (for instance, Pharah vs hitscan).

“They picked this hero therefore I can’t play the game” is one of the biggest source of frustration we commonly see in this game. Tracer can be put in check but it’s not as simple as just picking the right hero.

Mccree works great…
Playing Hanzo against pro-tracer can be frustrating. Mccree is ok.

Not nitpicking, but ball has hard counters like mei, sombra which shut him down completely, infact any kind of cc is enough because of his bigger hit box

Good, I’m glad she’s finally back.
Keep crying though, your tears are delicious.

Lets see

Smallest hitbox? false Ana, baby diva, mercy to a degree and lucio beat her in that regard. She has s76 sized head

One of the best mobility tool in the game? No. Its shorthas no damge to it and no rollout potential. This goes to doomfist. Or even Echo cuz of verticality.

Good burst damage… yeah… so does roadhog. he does twice as much on full damage potential PER SHOT

The premise Falls apart at this point.

1 Like

It’s problematic when the counterer needs to put in more effort than the countered… “counter” implies that a hero has an easier time denying the countered hero value or dealing with them. Brig used to be that for Tracer way back when she was made… but that deteriorated over time when nerf after nerf to the point that Brig is better working with Tracer than against since she can completely revoke one of Tracer’s “Weaknesses” while she barely denies any of her strengths anymore.
McCree, you gotta get close to a hero, that has more mobility than you do, in order to get the deadly flashbang which can be avoided as a projectile and has a lower range than Tracer’s

Generally… I’ve recently started picking up my Tracer game… and honestly… unless the enemy team even has one of these “counters” you’re gonna have an easier time than playing Solider for instance.

1 Like

She’s usually not easy to kill with any hero, but there are a lot of options to deal with her. All of her survivability depends on being unpredictable. If you pick up on where she’ll be next, either anticipating a blink or knowing where she’ll recall to, you can take her out with good mechanical skill. Players like ML7 can even land consistent sleep darts on her, which is absolutely insane. Out of all the high mobility flankers, she’s probably the best designed tbh. Very strong in the right hands, not team reliant, but paired with an exploitable weakness to balance it.

The same can be said about half of the cast

Would you care to elaborate?

I used to hate tracer when playing hog or sigma. I could never kill her. But over time I’ve gotten better and now as hog she still bothers me but I win a lot of the 1v1s with a tracer at around my level.

When I go against a tracer that is way above my level I find it very hard, but then they are way above my level for a reason. The same is true of gengu and hanzo. I really dislike tracer but accept that you can learn to deal with her better, even if that means 50% 1v1 win rate against her.

Now, smurf tracers, ugh!!

Laughs in McCree

Every character has counters, but people who consistently play that character know how to get around those challenges. Besides widow, she’s broken, period.

Nah. Tracer is what proper counter play should be. She can be killed by anything, but she has the mobility to dodge it if she’s smart.

Sombra can :eyes:
And brigitte can make her have a tough time because of the armors