Tracer counters Sombra

yea i wont dispute the one trick mentality or players that dont think its worth playing a certain hero since ideals

personally i dont have them heh. i play who i find fun really but like if they buffed brigitte to be launch brigitte again i would play her in a nano-second. (i dont play her anymore)

if they reverted widow to launch widow… you bet i play her way more than i do now wich is sparingly

hehe i guess i have no shame

now for sombra, i dont play her because of the virus rework. ive played her for a while now but i still havnt played her first iteration. the timer one. i played her like a bit after her very first rework. of course i love the troll nature and i always liked stealth in video games like rogues in wow

1 Like

Every hero is acceptable than sombra :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Every hero in this game is a terrorist :joy:

I might consider myself a Tracer otp because of the sheer difference in hours between her and my next most played, but refusing to swap on principle isn’t very smart. You’ll lose games because of it.

2 Likes

Tracer will use most of her abilities to try and evade a sombra, you forget the team has 4 other people ready to shut you down on tracer. Sombra also does really good damage with her smg, I rarely ever lose a 1v1 with a tracer. The times that I do lose is usually because the tracer managed to get a health pack. Sombra in actual plays has an advantage. She can even wait for tracer to engage someone else and then when she least expects it, sombra can hack her and the tracer is either forced to use all her abilities to escape or die.

1 Like

It’s not that Tracer even directly counters her it’s that she’s overpowered and still needs a hard nerf instead of a slap on the wrist.

1 Like

yea those are the times i outright beat a tracer as sombra. the opportunity time, usually its when you know she is going to go for supports so you wait till in range and hack so they have to blink or a lot of times you messed them up enough where they dont have blink and dead tracer if focused

in a straight up 1v1 duel tracer just destroys you unless way underskilled as tracer. i mean sombra isnt hard so if your decent with her you can kill novice tracers but that hardcore tracer main in a 1v1 duel you better be a pro player that plays sombra on the side…(they probably could improvise something. dont ask me im not that savy)

1 Like

Tracer isn’t op. She synergizes with the meta better than anyone else as the best hero to focus fire with. Plus DPS passive.

Tracer should not and will not get a hard nerf.

This is stupid.

Tracer gets away with doing this to Sombra because she can pressure off angles while waiting for the engage. Sombra has to stay invisible and useless.

If both the Tracer and Sombra wait for each other, Sombra’s team loses.

:roll_eyes:

If you say so.

4 Likes

If you can point out what is ACTUALLY op about her kit without making it primarily about the DPS passive/Dive meta, you could make me change my mind.

You did it with Junk, now try it with Tracer :slight_smile:

If you’re asking what the fundamental issue is it’s that her mobility is simply too much for the vast majority of heroes to consistently deal with and allows her to harass, win duels, force/bait resources/attention etc to an extent that is far beyond almost every hero. That’s been the issue since OW1 but actually mentioning it is like blasphemy for a lot of players. As for how she should be nerfed that’s up to Blizzard but we both know adding a second onto recall changes absolutely nothing. Realistically it’s the damage that’ll be toned down.

For the dive meta comment she’s been a top 3 dps hero since OW2 launched and the top dps for almost the entirety of OW1. The meta excuse doesn’t check out. Once players reach a certain skill level she’s broken on a fundamental level. You can argue that’s fine but she’s not beholden to the meta in the same way other dps are and never has been.

1 Like

The only nerf she needs is aim hitbox currently

1 Like

Overwatch games mean nothing infront of hero principles

Not a terrible argument, but I have to disagree. Tracer’s mobility comes with the tradeoff of being extremely volatile with her lower health pool and lack of ability to kill through healing. Tracer gets value in the manner of a Tank, not a DPS. That’s why she seems disproportionate. Her kit absolutely does have tradeoffs, but Tracer doesn’t play like a DPS so it’s really easy to miss them.

If you reduced Tracer’s mobility, you’d have to increase her damage to make sure she’s still extremely threatening 1v1. If you nerf her damage, you have to buff her health. Her current design(Let’s be honest, her SEASON EIGHT design) is the best iteration because the others would be extremely tilting to play against. Venture is a picture perfect example of what would happen if you reduced the problems you see in her kit. There’s a reason Venture is currently getting more complaints than Tracer has in the past several years.

The meta is why she’s so oppressive right now. If a Tracer is on you, she’s advantaged but not impossible to kill. If a Tracer and a Dva are on you…you just die. Dive is an oppressive meta that Tracer works with better than anyone else.

You can’t say that Tracer is broken because of the oppressive nature of her best comp, which is what I was getting at. I’m not saying that Tracer is weak outside of Dive.

Hero principles don’t apply because almost all of the heroes are terrorists

Outlaws doesn’t make them terrorists

At most she is stalemate and lightly counter heroes, but i think tracer is still at the disadvantage, cause recall time is enough time to translocate stealth… Giving sombra the change to reset the engage, without tracers recall…

No, it’s literally terrorism :joy:

Overwatch is an illegal organization. Vigilantism can also be seen as terrorism, you know

Every other dps who has been meta other than tracer has always recieved more complaints, which is why tracer is the only dps fit to be meta , the only other exception has been soldier cause he is kinda generalist even though he is super strong currently.

Th current issue is they broke her with s9 patch aimhitbox and need to revert.

2 Likes

I find it easier to counter Sombra’s with Sombra herself. Since both are invisible, one just has to wait for the other to decloak and attack. That’s when you hack her to prevent escape, then DPS her down since she will have used Virus against her original target.

1 Like