Toxicity, Racism and why I'm leaving the game

Bruh, moral fortitude isn’t a race. That’s fair game for him to go after, much like I’m going after his lack thereof. It’s bedtime 3 AM. Will keep chatting tomorrow :kissing_heart:

1 Like

The mental gymnastics going on.

Dude has yet to say anything bigoted that I have seen, admittedly skimming large portions of this thread.

Questioning whether or not an automated banning system for something subjective is a good thing, doesnt mean you support bad things being said.

1 Like

Still, it’s kind of entertaining to watch.

True, but still kind of sad.

You can’t call someone racist, homophobic, and sexist, and expect them to simply not say anything and just take it sitting down.

Ain’t how sh*t works.

My opinion is that we shouldn’t be overstepping censorship.

Racism, Sexism, Homophobic, Transphobic, etc. from the direct definition of the word, is the feeling of hatred or feeling of superiority towards another race, gender, sexual orientation, or minority group.

I’ve displayed no hatred towards any of those, nor do I hold any malice.

However, the terms racist, sexist, homophobic etc, have lost their meanings due to the fact that people abuse other people’s empathy.

If you disagree with someone from a minority group, they can attempt to brand you as racist, sexist, or anything of the like.

Due to the abuse of the words they have lost their true intent and meaning.

The reasons a slave owner will have sexual intercourse with their slave are far different for why someone would befriend someone from a minority.

Lust plays no factor in a friendship.

1 Like

Sad, if you still had any faith in humanity.

They definitely haven’t lost any meaning. They still mean what they do. Using the n-word is a pretty racist thing to do. Using the f-word is a pretty homophobic thing to do. And so forth.

3 Likes

They are used for unrelated reasons now. You disagreed with person of color? You are racist, regardless from actual subject you disagreed on.

1 Like

But people abuse it which makes it lose the original and intended meaning.

Am I racist for disagreeing with someone in a minority group, despite my reason for disagreement having nothing to do with the color of their skin? No, yet people will still attempt to brand you as such.

1 Like

I’ve disagreed with many people of color and am not called a racist.

Again, I go through my daily life not being called a racist, or bigot, or homophobe. If you keep getting called those things, I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe it is time for some self reflection.

you are so smart, but can you prove that you’re not a racist?

It still works, as final argument in debate.

That certainly hasn’t been my experience. But I’m also not a particularly attuned to, shall we say, the culture of grievance that permeates the right.

Not everyone does it, that’s the thing.

Enough people do it to where it is notable however.

Just because SOME do it, doesn’t mean all do it.

Not everyone holsters the same life experiences. Just because you don’t experience it, doesn’t mean others don’t.

Twitter is a shining example of why we shouldn’t be endorsing censorship.

Jacksepticeye literally got “cancelled” on there for a PS5 joke.

I’m sure if he had respectfully disagreed with a POC he’d be branded as a racist.

1 Like

Taking bets on how many messages of Zoro get flagged into being erased, without actually saying anything against the ToS.

1 Like

Well, if you’re sure.

I don’t need to do any proving. If someone calls me a racist, I’ll snicker and keep walking. Why even dignify such a silly thing? Which I recommend some of yall do.

This. I’ve never been called a racist,

In no small part becasue I don’t go around minimizing victim minority plight on videogame forums. :wink: for starters.

2 Likes

It’s more about exploiting that as advantage.

For example, I can call someone sexist for disagreeing with me, but people won’t even bother to figure out, if such label was based on something, or I just ran out of arguments.

On that platform in particular are where the experiences are most common.

I have no doubt counting that those kinds of people look for any little reason to cancel you.

It’s definite proof that those people exist.

1 Like

So, you’re saying that people use it like “SJW”?

1 Like