Toxic community hiding evidence of fixed competitive matches

This line of thinking is great and all, but I’m gonna go ahead and be blunt:

You are at your current SR because that is an appropriate SR for your skill level. Not because of smurfs. Not because of matchmaking. Not because you lose SR when you lose but think you perform well (hint: you don’t; I watched your replays). If you want to go up in SR, you’ll need to work on your individual game. It’s very simple.

Thread muted. Deal with reality.

2 Likes

Sure. Gl hf

It’s a fair solution. :slight_smile: think of the poor bronze mercy player who had 0 deaths and high objective time, but despite pulling off dozens of epic Rez couldn’t get her dps or tanks to win her the game.

She deserve sr whether she win or lose. She out healed the enemy healer. She died less than the enemy healer. She avoided returned to spawn regrouped as best as possible.

She deserve sr and opportunity to play alongside better players.

Just do it for the lowest ranks up to a point where complete team judgement is the only way to continue. Make smurfing obsolete.

Don’t be completely inept. I am not talking about being unable to increase your SR beyond ~500sr around that which you’re able. I’m stating, very clearly, that there are groups of smurfs in the 1000sr are that thrown and actually fight those that are legitimately in that area. Get on the same page by actually reading the things I’m writing and not making assumptions inside your own little world.

h t t p s://i.ibb.co/k6PG7TQ/anotherboringgame.png

Another rigged game…

-sigh-

enemy had 4 quitters.

Ah yes the matchmaker was able to perfectly predict human behavior that those players would all leave.

Sigh…

Some games will be losses no matter what you do but some games will also be wins no matter what you do. However, a majority of games will be ones that you can change into wins or losses based on how you do. Fix your mental state, stay focused on yourself, and don’t look for scapegoats. Otherwise you’re only getting in your own way.

Stats are meaningless if you can’t win in the process. There’s a reason the term “empty stats” exist in most major sports. It doesn’t matter how much damage or healing you do in meaningless situations (either between fights, once a fight is already lost and you need to be retreating, when you’re trickling, or even just damage that isn’t enough to create a kill) what matters is if you’re actually coming through in the key situations and creating momentum/keeping it. It doesn’t matter if you get 3 kills in one fight when you stand completely still and do nothing to stop the Mccree who uses deadeye right in front of you and wipes the team. It doesn’t matter if you’re “getting gold heals” if the fight is already lost and you’re just feeding the opponents ult charge.

Good stats don’t show if you actually tried to win or coordinate with your team. All that rewarding SR based purely on performance does is encourage people to hunt/pad their own stats, often at the detriment of their own team’s ability to win. Stat/medal hunting is already a big reason why a lot of low ranked players don’t win but they aren’t shown that because all they ever see is “me get big numbers.”

I have heard some of those people deranking accounts to bronze do it so they can use those accounts to duo with “paying customers” who pay for a boost out of bronze but refuse to give out their own account info.
So they basically duo with the player wanting a boost and carry them to a given rank.

1 Like

It’s a never ending cycle too because most of the “plats stuck in bronze” that pay for boosts to get to their “true rank” never learn anything about how to actually play better or why they were struggling in such a low rank, so they inevitably drop over time as they fail to understand the win conditions they need to worry about. So then they go and pay for boosts again.

1 Like

Exactly! I will never understand the people who constantly keep claiming they don’t belong in their rank, after being in that same rank for years.

I have been in mid plat for a very very long time and that’s where home is for me. A few seasons back I got on a crazy win streak that brought me up to 3200, and I immediately noticed the game is harder than what I was comfortable with.
It was more fast paced, dps were way better, and I felt like I was throwing.
Needless to say I dropped back to plat very quickly, and I am completely fine with it.

I just hope more people would understand this too, if you deserved a higher rank, you would eventually climb there and be able to maintain it.

4 Likes

im leaving EU server

At this point I’ve coached Silver, Gold, and platinum scrim teams. Being primarily a DPS coach (with experience on tank) you’d be surprised how much overlap in mistakes people make.

Lol… I recently kicked a Genji OTP off the gold scrim team because he made it pretty clear he has no interest in anything beyond flashy nano blades.

Honestly Win Conditions are less important until at least plat. Just being able to pop off or clean up when your main/off tank make a huge play is enough.

That’s the one thing I tell everyone who “wants to climb.” Why do you want to climb? You get a decently competitive experience in high gold/low plat.

The higher you climb, the faster the games get, the more quickly you are punished for bad play, and the fewer mistakes you’re allowed to get away with.

Generally when you see all 6 accounts throwing while being controlled by one person, that person didn’t spend money to obtain those accounts. They’re being paid to derank the accounts.

As much as I detest your (I’m better than my rank) complaining, I do honestly sympathize with you. When I was climbing out of Bronze, I remember the smurfing crews that would literally wreck your whole team all game long until the last 30 seconds when they’d all mysteriously disappear and let you win the game.

Personally I detest smurfing and give everyone I know (a couple masters and GM players who like to) an ear full. I’ve even been matched up against my coach and his friends (all GM players) climbing through diamond on brand new accounts.

To be fair in that case being able to pop off/clean up is your win condition. In a vague sense, if you have a playmaker on your team with you supporting them/cleaning up is your win condition, if you don’t then popping off is your win condition.

So why doesnt blizzard just charge for an account reset like other online games do?

if blizzard start preventing derankers without going through an official process of 1, buying a second account, or 2, paying for an account reset. everything be fine.

how to prevent deranker? up to certain rank judge player performance in match individually, and not on team performance.

Because that would encourage deranking???

Account resets don’t have any place in the game.

If someone wanted to derank to troll or smurf they won’t go through any “official way to do it” they’ll just do it as they do now.

All that rewarding SR based purely on performance does is encourage people to hunt/pad their own stats, often at the detriment of their own team’s ability to win. Stat/medal hunting is already a big reason why a lot of low ranked players don’t win but they aren’t shown that because all they ever see is “me get big numbers.”

Stats are meaningless if you can’t win in the process. There’s a reason the term “empty stats” exist in most major sports. It doesn’t matter how much damage or healing you do in meaningless situations (either between fights, once a fight is already lost and you need to be retreating, when you’re trickling, or even just damage that isn’t enough to create a kill) what matters is if you’re actually coming through in the key situations and creating momentum/keeping it. It doesn’t matter if you get 3 kills in one fight when you stand completely still and do nothing to stop the Mccree who uses deadeye right in front of you and wipes the team. It doesn’t matter if you’re “getting gold heals” if the fight is already lost and you’re just feeding the opponents ult charge.

Good stats don’t show if you actually tried to win or coordinate with your team. If you’re constantly getting big numbers but never winning then there’s something else wrong with either your awareness or your timing. I can go in and farm stats all I want going in 1v6 to farm damage by getting a kill or two when they’re completely meaningless or farm big healing stats by only hard healing my tanks (especially in a losing fight, effectively feeding the other team more ult charge while accomplishing little for my team) just to say “I get big numbers why we lose?”

Yes derankers/smurfs/leavers/hackers will cause you to lose the occasional game you may have otherwise won, but they will also cause you to win the occasional game you may have otherwise lost. That and PBSR increasing SR gains and decreasing SR losses if you actually perform well help get you where you should be. In the end you are the only person that is in every one of your games unless you consistently duo or team up with the same people. Take responsibility for your play, focus on yourself and don’t look for scapegoats every time something goes wrong. Chances are, every time you lose, someone on your team is also blaming you for the loss. There’s always something you could have done better or differently to make a win more likely. Unless you always play perfectly, which is impossible.

Big up to this thread. Match fixing is not a ‘conspiracy theory,’ it’s Blizzard’s explicit policy. More info in my thread about MMR which is a handicapping system:

What a load of trash

1 Like

Please explain your position instead of just reaching the minimum character requirement

No, I don’t think I will. My sanity dropped too much from engaging with clear trolls such as yourself long ago. I’ll tell you you’re wrong (because you are), I’m not going to try to hold a conversation with a brick wall however.

Spam bumping your thread that was quite honestly obsolete the moment it was posted is -quite honestly- trash.

No explanation necessary.

3 Likes

end of day blizzard cant allow its playerbase to fall into the hands of private individuals, since there is such a high demand for deranking service, allowing their playerbase to surf the web to find somebody to derank their account which involves giving out credentials of that account to an unauthorized or unaccountable third party just to risk their account being banned, just so they can play at a lower rank is a dangerous pirate-like economy to have associated with your product.

I think you’ve got it backwards. Most people aren’t giving their account to someone to derank it for them. They’re buying fresh accounts that were pre-leveled and thrown for them if anything. The only people giving their accounts to someone else are people giving their accounts to someone to boost them to a higher rank, and even then they usually just duo or group with the person boosting them.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand the level of power Blizz has

1 Like