Total game freeze after the patch

Good day. After the patch I began to have an issue- the game totally freezes in a random moment, only Task manager can remove the process of the game. please fix that

my specs

1. win 10-64
  2. MSI Z-270 SLI plus
  3. R9 280 (3gb)
  4. 16 gb ddr4 ram
  5. intel 7700k (4,2 gz)
21 Likes

I have been playing the new patch for about an hour with three other people.

All four of us have experienced the same hard freeze and crash exactly one time so far. We have a range of AMD/Nvidia/Intel based systems so this seems to be a broadly based issue.

3 Likes

yeah Hardcrashed during Comp Couldn’t even Task manager out had to do a hard reset. feelsbad

6 Likes

Same issue GTX 1070.

1 Like

I’m running into the same issue after about 5 mins of play time. Also running Nvidia.

1 Like

Mine has crashed twice tonight since the latest update. Both in comp :frowning:

1 Like

Mine crashed just now as a game was ending, I had to use task manager to close the game.

1 Like

Same here. GTX 1070, i7, wired internet connection. Just lost 50 SR because booted into a comp game and instantly froze (:
Never happened before installing this patch. I want my SR back and my game not broken :///

1 Like

Just happened to me as well during first placement match. Match players were not visible when pressing P to join the team chat and when we did join team chat there were only 2 players (my teammate and I in it). Re-opened Overwatch and was still in my duo group, I tried to rejoin. It said “Game found joining game” in the purple box but nothing changed I remained on the main menu screen until it hit me with a suspended. I’ve only had 2 dc’s since launch…why is every patch broken lately?

Edit: Played 4 more matches. No more dc’s for me but had 2 matches where enemy team had dc’s.

1 Like

Yup my game crashed as well and got a - 50 sr and a 10 min ban because of blizz thanks

2 Likes

Froze twice today like the others have described. After the patch.

1 Like

My cousin and i have the same problem. Win10, AMD cards both.

1 Like

I had the same freeze happen to me, updated my video driver and was able to play 2 maps, offense and defense without another crash, yet. I’ll have to do further testing on the issue tomorrow myself.

1 Like

I’ve also been having a lot of crashing issues as well.

I thought maybe Synapse was causing it so I uninstalled it tonight.

Windows 10
Ryzen 5 1600x
Radeon RX580

1 Like

Mine too GTX 970 intel 4790k, freezes, and crashes.

1 Like

Same here. After busy week at work, finally you come home want to relax, and Bam! Going back to play CS.

1 Like

happened to me in a comp match, where it happened in overtime of first map on Nepal, was able to hear my team saying i left the match while the game was frozen but i they couldn’t hear me, i had to hard reset my computer, i returned to the match within the time frame yet we still lost. i also received a FULL 1st offence punishment of 5min ban and 50sr loss, for something i had no control over. i checked my connection my wifi, all things on my side that could of caused it, nothing was wrong. Hard crashed without a reason. This is the first time this has happened, and after the restart i was able to play another game of two without anything happening, but i feel i was robbed of my sr for something i had no control over

Specs
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80GHz
Windows 10 Home

1 Like

I guess i have the same problem after new patch i have been playing like three comp placement and every time the game freezes, only thing that i could do was to log out of windows. Luckili I am still in placement but still it afects all team and I am definitely got reported for leaving.

1 Like

I had it once yesterday, first match after patch, Arcade, new map. Freeze when first death and killcam should appear. Sound ran normaly I also was able to tab out and close the game task. Disabled killcam after that, no more crashes so far. But of course there is no indication htat this was the cause.
I also must say, Overwatch usualy runs rock-solid on my machine, no crashes at all. I’m pretty sure it is the new patch and not my machine.
Win 10 Pro
Core i5 6600
GTX 1050Ti

1 Like

Yup, also experiencing the same issue:
Game freezes after about 1 hour of play, only way out is by ctrl+alt+delete and task manager.
My specs are: intel i7 and Nvidia gtx 1080ti.
Playing on the new patch and the latest nvidia drivers.
I have a second overwatch account for my boyfriend on the same computer and the same happened to him as well.

1 Like