Toronto Defiant vs. Florida Mayhem - FINAL

Bastion still hasn’t been played.

Edited post to reflect this. Thanks.

Bastion doesn’t do well in dive either. Being stationary makes it harder to survive against very mobile heroes.

Very winnable for Florida.

Beast needs to stop going on solo Dives vs. 3 people…especially if one of those people is Brigitte.

Hero bans seem to be much more of a curveball to these teams than I thought.

Florida comes out with the old “When in doubt about teamwork just go with some sort of death ball”. Meanwhile Toronto is struggling.

Well, at the very least, i’m glad that they are doing hero bans towards the beginning of the season, rather than waiting until the last few weeks before they implement sweeping changes to Overwatch, and as a result, Overwatch League, which makes good teams look weak and weak teams look good.

This series is Florida’s to lose.

I feel like they’re going to ban Mei next week. She seems to be the deciding factor in every fight, still.

3 Likes

Not enough healing to keep those Dive tanks alive.

Toranto’s dive would work more often if they coordinated better. But currently they’re quite scrappy and spread out.

1 Like

That’s what everyone said last week when the first hero bans were being drawn…and guess what happened…

1 Like

I think Brig is fine in dive but not with a Zen. That’s a seriously weird decision.

It’s mostly for the dmg orb and the defensive ult.

well thing is they do a random drawing…she’ll absolutely be one of the people in the draw pool…but no guarantees she will be out…

1 Like

She’s been stopping so many of Beast’s dives it’s very hard to watch.

Though considering that Beasts is usually by himself also doesn’t hurt.

But still, Mei has been the one showcasing dominance.

I’d also contemplate not letting Biotic Grenade boost the healing of Ana’s co-healer.

1 Like

I know but then I think they should drop the Brig for Ana or Mercy.

I think the Brig is mostly for the armor she provides, which while it helps, it’d work better if they dived together.

1 Like

Beast is never diving with a D.Va at his side and gets obliterated by the enemy Brig & Mei.

1 Like

So will Orisa or Sigma be replacing Rein…