Torbjorn Splatoon Idea

I’ve been seeing lots of interesting games and ideas in the Game Browser, thanks in no small part to the efforts of our Workshop creators! Keep it up!

I was going about my business today, being absolutely obscene with my Torbjorn ults, when it occured to me that the Molten Core goo mechanics aren’t unlike the Ink in Splatoon and Splatoon 2. I personally have no idea how to code, but I’d love to see someone take a look at Splatoon and its gameplay, and try to translate into Overwatch, with high-health Torbs in teams of four racing to eliminate each other and get more of the map covered in their melty goo.

Control type maps would work best for this gameplay style, due to their symmetrical layout, but if a “Goo Counter” mechanic can be coded into the Workshop, I’d be incredibly excited to see what kinds of variations and spins could be taken with the concept!

If anyone succeeds in making this, or already has, please send me the code ASAP!

Good luck, and happy crafting!

1 Like

There’s a big problem with that, the game limits the ammount of goo each torbjorn. Each torb can only put one ult worth off go on the map at one time. I hardly see how you can dodge the problem.

But that would be cool AF if someone made a Sploatoon mode

1 Like

Maybe replacing the goo with cloud effects to make it persistent? The effect limit would get reached quite fast though.

2 Likes

A typical Splatoon match lasts around 3 minutes, so just using it to kill enemies until the end, where goo gets counted, would dodge the problem of disappearing goo.

I hope someone tries this idea and gets some parts of it to work, I’d be happy to playtest and help it along.