Torbjörn Rework | Coming Soon

Imagine Molten Core in a grav. That is gonna be brutal

1 Like

Kind of makes sense so people can’t just throw down a turret right before they die to finish someone off.

Is he still able to repair his turret? Maybe I misread but I didn’t see anything regarding that.

I’m under the assumption it will be like other similar ground effects like Junkrat trap. If you are a certain height over it, it won’t harm you. I highly doubt you’ll be able to jump them however. The animation also seems to be a decently large size per puddle.

You might be able to do so if it’s on a lower elevation with a lucio speed boosting you.

Take with a grain of salt anyway.

It’s honestly pretty amazing how well these guys are able to rework characters. This is the third character rework and every single time they’ve pulled off improving gameplay as a whole, changes to characters that fit into the canon, and pleasing ravenous mercy/sym/torb mains. Thanks Blizz.

1 Like

He can still repair it and still has his hammer. I’ll find the quote for you.

There you go.

1 Like

I’ll miss my 75 armor buffer, it was so important for survivavility! 200 plain HP is just bad for him.

2 Likes

He is he’s just not tied down to it anymore.

asking Geoff here.

no offense intended, just not looking for guesses here

He has an ability that gives him 150 armor every 12 seconds, he should be good honestly.

TEMPORARY armor

2 Likes

He still gets the other buffs along with it too so even if it is temp its super strong.

… I understood that. It’s a discussion forum and I figured I’d give my thoughts on it. Me responding with what I think doesn’t mean Geoff will or won’t respond.

All utility only focused héroes have failed miserably, characters need to bring something else to the table, a power of their own.

In any case you could argue supports and tanks all bring different layers of utility other than simple dmg and self sustain

for comparison, genji blade lasts 6 SECONDS. and isnt on a 12 second cooldown, torbs shotgun can oneshot

Yes, but we can all guess, we can all speculate.

I am asking for the actuals

I’ll have to watch and play the changes, but I love the look of them. The river gun changes seem nice and the turret level system needed to go. His new abilities seem cool too, although his head hitbox is still too dang big.

1 Like

Nope, not looking forward to this. I don’t care if this rework makes him stronger, or worse. I enjoyed playing Torb as is. Not every turret-class needs to be a viable pick in the meta. Let people have their cheap fun setting up pirate ships.

Yes, you can still set up a pirate ship, but it won’t feel the same. The only thing I like about this change is his armor ability removed. But all these other changes are a bit much to take in. I’d rather have a new turret-hero come out a year from now than for them to take away the kit of an existing hero.

1 Like

Looks like there is finally a good rework after Symmetra 2.0 in November 2016!
The rivert gun QoL buffs are nice
The turret is just great
Overload looks super fun
Molten Claw looks bad, but I think its the opposite of Sym’s new Ult: Looks useless but is actually game-changeing

1. Nope. Effects that damage only one type of health cannot “bleed over” into other health pool types.

2. Each individual pool is actually a small sphere, so there is some height to them as well.

7 Likes