Torb Turret Targetting

So im actually still curious about how this new turret targetting thing is working

clearly the intent is to give the user some input on what the turret shoots at…but functionally how does the turret deal with situations when there are A) no targets or B) the target is continuously moving in and out of LOS

A) does the turret just work as it did before…ie - targetting the nearest person?

B) if i see a poking widow and i manage to land a hit on her so that turret shoots at her (at least thats how i interpretted how the targetting works)…what happens if she ducks out of LOS for a sec or 2…do i have to hit her again? is there a time frame where it will go back to her on its own?..how long before it reverts to (i guess) scenario A? or does it do something else altogether…

EDIT - C) if i want the turret to shoot at said widow am i then not able to go after another target myself since it will presumably then change my turrets target?

I’m hoping and sort of assuming that it will target whoever the crosshair is over if they are in LOS of the turret.

i mean that would be nice but geoff specifically said people you hit…actually that poses yet another question…

if i want the turret to shoot at said widow am i then not able to go after another target myself since it will presumably then change my turrets target?

if that target is in line of sight, then yes it will, but if they aren’t like they are in a building or something like that, i assume it will continue to peg that widow the best it can

makes sense i guess…wonder if theres some customization options…still wouldnt mind some clarification (geoff if youre seeing this)

Oh did he? Well, there goes that.

I suppose you can’t multitask, but at least it’s an improvement on how it targets currently.