Top500 Junkrat main explains in extreme detail why he needs buffs

Even Torb is in a better state with his gun.

I finished messing around with Torb in Junkerstein and when I went to FFA for practice with Junkrat, the grenade launcher felt so slow compared to torb gun that I was missing tons of shot until I readjusted back.

2 Likes

Good post, a lot of what I’m seeing I’m agreeing with.

Really wish I could use junkrat and not feel like I’m throwing again.

2 Likes

i actually kinda agree

2 Likes

It’s especially bad when you consider that Torb’s projectiles aren’t that much smaller than junkrat’s grenades.

2 Likes

this

1 Like

Agree with OP on all counts. Especially making the duck quack!

1 Like

Buffing both the projectile size and mine means we’ll be back to the days of two shooting characters consistently. Just no.

You can get one or the other mayyyybe but I’d still say it would over buff him.

His tire was providing too consistent at its previous speed and an increase in charge time with the above proposed buffs would once again put him in a state of brokenness.

You provide no compensatory nurfs to justify making him brokenly OP

2 points for at least trying to give a nurf to the disgusting charge time 2/10

1 Like

csnt mantaing uour rank because of 4 nefs,ever heard of mercy?

1 Like

that is the most important part

1 Like

I have seen a pro say they had a hard time hitting the tire at the old speed. It may have been hard for them, but it was pretty much impossible for everyone else.

I don’t think the speed should be reverted because I don’t think any ult should be a guaranteed pick in a game where the team that gets the first pick wins like 70% of teamfights.

Other than that I agree with all of your other points .

2 Likes

Junkrat should be one of the top dps in the upper tiers right now because he is a counter to a meta comp. The same is true of Bastion and Pharah.

3 Likes

I’m not a career Junkrat, but the hero definitely feels weak with slow and tiny grenades. If you have to painstakingly aim every shot, why not pick Hanzo instead, I think latter has higher average damage nowadays.

6 Likes

they were complaining about junkrat when he first got buffed, they literally couldn’t hit his tire, no one could

2 Likes

No, they were not.

This article was April 6th

http://thebenchmob.com/all/owl-stats/everythings-coming-explodey-junkrats-rip-tire-needs-re-work/

April 19th it was nerfed

It was too hard to hit AND it came up too fast.

And again, ults that are guaranteed picks are OP. You shouldn’t be guaranteed a pick when you ult, because of the massive advantage you gain when you have the numbers advantage. Currently, every individual ult in this game has reasonably available ways to deny it a pick, as should be the case.

1 Like

Junkrat got to much value for how ez and spammy he is, meta just doesn’t favour him

Junkrat still (barely) has higher damage but it don’t translate to more eliminations, even though he should in theory get more tags than Hanzo.

So if you want more damage, no real reason not to pick Hanzo instead .

4 Likes

Junkrat is an inefficient killer. Either he does damage, but they get away, or he manages to finally tag someone with a kill. In comp, overall average, He has to do I think roughly 2.5x damage compared to the average HP meter to a character to kill 1 character? … doing the math and… Yeah. He has to kill someone Roughly 2.5X over. Vs Genji, tracer, or Winston. Which is roughly 1.5x, 1.25x, and 1x respectively. Winston is the most efficient killer , Damage/Kill ratio.

1 Like

I know he is one. That’s why I pointed out that the extra damage doesn’t actually translate to kills.

His nade size needs to go back up.

3 Likes
  • August 29, 2017 Patch: Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30%; There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing.

• May 3, 2018 Patch: Tire movement speed decreased from 13 to 12.

… Alexis! is the correct one here. I think maybe you forgot when they buffed the speed.

3 Likes

He had two nerfs to his Rip-Tire. I assumed “first got buffed,” meant the earliest iteration of speedier tire.

They comments about tire being hard to hit was made in early April. The tire got the change on the PTR in mid April.