Top 500 flag bearer title accesibility issue

I am writing to report an issue I’ve encountered with my customization profile in Overwatch 2. Specifically, I earned the “Top 500 Flag Bearer” title during the first season of competitive “Flag Bearer” mode and successfully used it until recently.
With the start of the fourth season, I noticed that the title had disappeared from my profile when I visited the “Customization Profile” section to check my other titles. I have checked through the list of titles, and the “Top 500 Flag Bearer” is not available to be selected.
I have attached a screenshot to prove that I earned the “Top 500 Flag Bearer” title during the first season of competitive “Flag Bearer” mode.
Could you please investigate this issue and restore the “Top 500 Flag Bearer” title to my profile? Thank you for your assistance.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but competitive titles are seasonal and expire after the season you earned it, so this isn’t a bug.

You aren’t necessarily correct, since I have already contacted support team, they answered similar issue were reported already several times, but currently they don’t have a solution, by that they admitted its actually a bug. But even if you were right, according to your logic, the title should have been active until the second season of “flag bearer mode” is released, since it is not full time game mode, but its not released yet.

2 Likes

Could you copy the text of your support ticket where they state that this is a bug? And as for the seasonality of the player title, I meant it as in the player title was for a Season 2 competitive mode, which was awarded at the start of Season 3, which became expired at the start of Season 4. I didn’t mean it as in it would only expire at the start of the second season of Comp CTF specifically.

As it so happens, I am also a Top 500 Competitive CTF player and I am still able to use my player title. However, looking at my list of player titles, it appears to be bugged as the upper right corner displays both the equipped icon and the locked icon overlaid on each other. From a few other posts I’ve read from my megathread under: Incorrect End Of Season Competitive Rank And Rewards (Seasons 1-3), it appears unequipping the player title will cause you to permanently lose it. I will leave the link to it here: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. Is this what happened to you?

This is idiotic. CTF once a year and the title is “temporary”. Very honest and fair.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous. System with seasonal titles should not be like that. They could create a separate titles for each season with a special addition in text “… season 1” etc. As it is done for frames in Paladins.

2 Likes

Now that would be a simple and elegant solution to issue of season-based player titles. As such, Blizzard probably won’t do it. If HiRez of all companies has better implemented competitive rewards than Blizzard, then this truly is the worst timeline. I’ve added your post to my megathread under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads, we must demand the Developers to give us the rewards we rightfully earned.

3 Likes

Same exact problem here.
shorturl.at/goFG1 - (PAPASMURF#22851)
I have also replied to the megathread with the link and my battletag.

2 Likes

Just copying my response here: Thanks for the evidence, I’ve put it under: Missing Top 500 Rewards (Season 3).

2 Likes