šŸ‘‘ Top 500 Coach - AMA

Do you think that Tracers movement speed creates a vortex around her that just pulls headshots right in? It sure seems like it sometimes.

weird question but what are the best times to queue?

Only if your strafing is bad. A-D with about a half-second time gap and vary it up depending on how many times you engage them. When youā€™re strafing projectile heroes you need to take further strafes then if they were hitscan heroes.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on the west coast and I found the best times to be early morning/mid afternoon if you can manage it.

1 Like

what playstyle differences are there from master to gm?how aggressive should i be to maximize my chances of winning on master tier? since the optimal playstyle differs for every rank, im wondering if i should be more passive and stick with my team, but often times my team doesnā€™t respond to advantages they can press(such as man/ability advantage) EVEN if i call it out. current biggest perceived issue for me is i can often see openings to press an advantage, but if my team doesnā€™t follow up,something that was supposed to be a good play can turn into a bad play. any advice on this?

Differences in aggression vary player to player rather than from tier to tier. The biggest difference from Master to GM is playing well vs playing smart.

Most Master players have decent mechanics but they make critical errors in the grand scheme of things. For example:

You need to press them yourself to make the opening wider for your team. Think of it as a traffic jam. You might be able to speed through on a motorcycle but a motorhome will be stuck until the whole thing clears up. You as an individual player will have an easier time pressing those smaller advantages and making them into bigger ones that your team can then roll into an easy teamfight win.

You also need to be aware of the entire game in its current state. Having a man advantage doesnā€™t matter in a 4v3 if your two dead members are healers and their three dead members are one offtank and two DPS. That fight isnā€™t an easy or free win. The same goes for context like ults. Having a two-man advantage is nice but the enemy team can easily bait you into overcommitting and then use an ult to win the fight.

2 Likes

On my main I have a 70% winrate with Hammond in comp. Iā€™m at 3450SR right now. I have only ever hit Master once back in Season 7 briefly with D.Va. What can I do or say when my team (I play solo q) is asking me to swap off of Hammond? Iā€™m sometimes accused of feeding or not working with the team. Is it that they donā€™t understand Hammond or am i playing him wrong?

but your also the player who strategically threw to bronze time and time again all our accounts deserve to be banned for your throwing and toxicity alone eon

As a main support player, Iā€™ve been expanding my hero pool outside of Mercy and Moira and while Iā€™ve been practicing a bit with Ana but would Lucio be a good character to add to my pool, especially in certain comps?

also this guy was also leader of that da font crew throwing group
literally we donā€™t want this type of player in the game

1. Gnasty was the one who called it that, organized everything, and ā€œmarketedā€ it. I was just a player and friend in the group.
  2. If you donā€™t want my advice or help youā€™re more than welcome to ignore me.
  3. If you did your research you would find reddit threads where I explained my motivation. Theyā€™re all good reads and youā€™ll learn a lot.

nah your ā€œso called motivationā€ was to show how easy it was to waste hundreds of hours of other peopleā€™s lives because you want to ā€œshow flaws in the system or whateverā€

no excuse

that could have been done had u posted on the forums to the devā€™s

1 Like

Iā€™m stuck around 3300 as a DF main, want to coach me?

If you actually read through them youā€™d know that thatā€™s wrong. Itā€™s fine if you canā€™t be bothered to, just know that youā€™re not aware of what was actually going on.

Youā€™re kidding, right?

nothing you say to defend your behavior and actions

you legit deserve hardware id ban

I stand by them. Iā€™m not trying to convince you of anything. Iā€™m here to offer advice to people to help them climb. If you want to put your tinfoil hat down then we could continue with that.

If youā€™d rather be angry and misinformed then thereā€™s nothing more I can do for you.

Iā€™ve seen how toxic you are in coms from your youtube throwing videos

iā€™m just letting others know who you are and what you have done to this community

so why should anyone care what you have to say ?

when your previous behavior and actions prove leaps and bounds
that youā€™re exactly the type of player they want banned from the game outright.

you canā€™t go from being Dafran
to being Jayne

I donā€™t mind that. Itā€™s not like Iā€™m hiding anything. I have plenty of screenshots that say who I am. Youā€™re saving people from having to do some basic googling.

Because I am knowledgeable about the game and other players would like to make use of any information I have to share. If you donā€™t want my advice because of my other actions thatā€™s perfectly OK with me.

Except thatā€™s exactly what I have done. Dafran is a good player and Jayne is a good coach. Whether you think that I should be able to do that or not is different from whether I can or not. If you would turn down advice from Dafran or I then thatā€™s your loss.

3 Likes

letā€™s 1v1 anytime

20 characters.

lol itā€™s not like heā€™s breaking any terms of service by providing information. Make use of the resource or donā€™t, but stop trying to derail this informative thread. Emailing Blizzard accusing him of hacks (what your original post said) isnā€™t going to do anything except maybe get you banned for false reporting.

I would pay actual money to see a 1v1 between you and OP.

edit and I also would pay actual money to 1v1 the OP - but not because I think Iā€™m better than him, but because he could teach me a lot.

1 Like