Top 5 Reasons Why People are Stuck in Gold Rank

Srs question because ive been wondering. Doesnt your teams and opponents behavior influence those stats to a certain degree? Wouldn that have an effecct on your PBSR gain rate?
If you use those stats to evaluate performance, you’ll expect a certain behavior of a player.
Ive been wondering for a while now, how PBSR is actually calculated and havent found anything about it yet. Not a huge fan of it though.

It does have an affect to an extent, one game isn’t going to kill your SR gains/losses. I’ve never seen someone lose a ton due to it. If on average you are performing better, you will climb. For instance, I had a season where I fell into gold, after a pretty substantial time, I was finally able to bring my SR back to a 50% from a 30%. In that time I gained 350 SR, you can climb while losing more than you when if you consistently perform better.

As this guy about it if you wanna know more about exactly how it works, he spends a lot of time studying the system.

2 Likes

They soft throw to avoid moving out. It’s easy to mask because average gold players feed anyway. So nobody sees the Lucio that speed boosts in alone and dies (they like to throw on Lucio especially). What else you got?

Most of them are hard stuck in plat because they can’t really aim, so it’ s not like their accounts are climbing, and i’m sure they are getting dumped on by higher smurfs there, so their solution is to humble bundle and pub slay low elo for lulz.

Sorry, but this whole system is broken for players that actually don’t belong in gold. The only hope I have is to one trick Tracer and ignore my team while playing for PBSR gains. Is that what I should be doing in my games to climb? Should I not play with my team?

Your use of caps has totally convinced me … … … that I need to stop replying to you.

3 Likes

Typically it’s the lower SR booster that is actually secretly the higher SR of the two or three in the group. I’ve been completely dismantled by a “bronze” Genji grouped with a gold border mercy main player (the second booster playing on the account), and i’m a Genji player. I know an extremely skilled Genji when I see one.

The boosters are the real threat, as they are typically top 500 dps, but they usually only do just enough to ensure the team wins in order to stay hidden.

They like to play Reaper/junkrat/pharah and only target the carry dps even to the detriment of the objective.

Just like the other players in a match affect your win rate, they also affect your statistical performance. Blizzard doesn’t have any direct way to observe the true ability of a player. All information is indirect. However, over many games (several hundred), the only consistent factor is you, and your rank is reasonably reliable.

Yes, stats can also cause people to chase stats rather than wins. This is why performance SR was removed above plat.

Blizzard hasn’t published anything like a formula on how performance SR works, just some fairly vague rules of thumb. See that How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 13) → Performance modifier for details.

2 Likes

If you want to spout false stats atleast put your profile on private…

How do you get 30+ elims normally when your average is 24.

You have a whopping 8-9 objective eliminations per match you play, that is low.

Nothing is holding you back but you, everything about your stats is average. Hence why you’re at an average rank.

There’s plenty of people around that are willing to help you, but you need to open up for it.

2 Likes

Easy, Jacqui gets his stats against other Master rank players. You get them against other golds.

If Jacqui would join your games, his states would increase a lot.

You gotta keep in mind the people you’re playing against.

2 Likes

thx dude, i don’t think ive seen that post yet. I’ll look into it.

1 Like

And my quickplay MMR places me with diamonds and masters, you can see how much better my stats are in those games than my comp stats in gold games.

And once again, i’m playing against plats and diamonds in my gold competitive games. They even tell you as much after the game if you ask. They don’t even have to play DPS, their superior game sense unbalances the gold elo game, beecause it doesn’t belong. Gold is a zoo, and these players are literally here to skeet shoot targets that aren’t smart enough to use cover.

The amount of games that people have to soft throw far out ways the games they stomp due to PBSR, they’ll be gaining much more SR on their wins that it takes even more effort to actually throw.

You should be playing what you are best with while playing with your team.

But if they can’t climb on their main accounts, they can’t do anything else in overwatch except soft throw or risk losing SR and falling in to gold themselves.

My team can’t keep me alive, and I don’t play out of position. I know it sounds delusional dude, but when you can consistently headshot people, they come for you, hard. It doesn’t matter what you do or play. They will come and kill you at all costs.

6 : You.

Yes, all those problems happen in gold, but i climbed to plat. I got the same ammount of leavers, trolls etc etc. But i still climbed to plat with some perserverance and positivity.

In other words, stop blaming everything else but you. I’m not saying sometimes it’s not your team’s fault or that one guy playing widowmaker suboptimaly, but you gotta wake up man and assume that, maybe, if you’re still in gold, it could be your fault 95% of the time.

2 Likes

Let’s play a little game.
Gonna use hockey as an example:

You and your linemates rush up 3v1, passes thru the defender, shoot but the goalie saves.
Now a 2nd defender caught up, hets a hold of the loose puck, passes it up the ice
to a forward who scores.

Was it your fault because you couldn’t score?
Did the opposing goalie make a remarkable save?
Is your goalie worse than theirs or did they just have a better shooter than you?
Would you have scored if another one in your trio took the shot instead?

So the other team is always more coordinated while yours is braindead?

2 Likes

You’re a troll. I literally have twice the critical hit accuracy on Mccree that you have. And I do it with an 8cm 360 because I come from over two decades of playing Quake.

1 Like

I’m not playing McCree in comp tho ? xD I’m playing healer mostly, and it’s easy to see too.

Where am i trolling exactly ?

3 Likes

Can use Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers too.
Arguably one of, if not THE best player in the world.
Has constantly been among the top point leaders since day 1
but the Oilers always end up in the lower parts of the standings.

Surely a player like that could carry his team to victory?

**[quote=“Amaro-21901, post:70, topic:259519, full:true”]

If you want to spout false stats atleast put your profile on private…

How do you get 30+ elims normally when your average is 24.

You have a whopping 8-9 objective eliminations per match you play, that is low.

Nothing is holding you back but you, everything about your stats is average. Hence why you’re at an average rank.

There’s plenty of people around that are willing to help you, but you need to open up for it.
[/quote]

BECAUSE I FLEX!! I don’t always play just ONE hero.

And because there is also the infrequent good match where I only get maybe 8k damage and 15 elims as Gold medals because we literally steamrolled the enemy on a payload an d had minimal team fights where I get 3-4 picks a life or per team fight. Kinda brings down that average when those matches pop up every once in a while. I have actually been keeping a list of matches I won and lost and what my stats were. I did the averages this morning after the 2 week mark of the Season. Around 6/10 matches were wins. I had 30+ elims in 5 of those matches. 3 of those were less than 20 and the other 2 matches were less than 20 elims but I did however maintain my killing blows to elim ratio of between 40-50%. So if I had an average of between 25-30 elims for most matches that means I had between 12-15 outright killshots.

Whats holding me back, is the winrate. Wins make you gain SR. Losses take it away. My SR gains from SKILL are dependant on WINNING a match more often than I lose. Well, when the loss is determined by whether or not we have feeders, throwers and leavers at the various stages of the match, will have a drastic effect on the outcome of that match. Anyone who DENYS that fact is deluding themselves.