Top 3 Reasons to Nerf Brigitte

1. She countered/eliminated me
  2. I can’t eliminate her easily because aren’t supports supposed to be fodder for Flankers?
  3. I don’t want to have to learn to play around her

Pretty much this from the complaints on the forums asking to nerf her.

To narrow it down. A lot of people don’t like her having Shield Bash. It has the shortest range of all Stun Abilities and only punishes people if they let her get close or they try to engage Brigitte at her effective range. She was designed with the intent to counter part of the Dive meta by giving her a kit that is very forgiving and capable of denying Tracer/Genji easy kills in the backline. Most good Flankers don’t need to commit if they get into trouble. They can just use their mobility to back out, heal up, and try again. Stun denies them a moment of backing out quickly, and punishing them (specifically Tracer).

282 Likes

No shortcuts, just mace to the face.

85 Likes

Don’t forget: “4. New = OP and uncounterable”

71 Likes

Well this is what naturally happens when you spend nearly 2 years playing heroes that don’t actually have reliable counters (looking at you Tracer/Genjis). You get coddled and think you deserve free kills. When they’re not there, “MY ENEMIES ARE TOO OP!!! FIX NAO!!!”

81 Likes

I think she’s just too new for people to know how she stands in the meta yet. Remember, people said Sym was OP after her rework, when really, no one knew how to play around her because they never saw her before then. Look at her, not only is Sym not OP but she’s considered one of the most underpowered heroes on the roster.

13 Likes

FLAIL

IT’S NOT A MACE, YOU MEDIEVAL-WEAPON-IGNORING-BUFFOON!

(but seriously, Hail to the Flail)

34 Likes

If you can play around Mccrees flashbang you can play around shield bash. Both abilities are close range stuns that punish you for letting them get that close or closing in on them.

24 Likes

Lol, can’t help what Brigitte voice line is.

6 Likes

Exactly, and McCree’s Flashbang has an AOE effect and can be used vertically (can be throw up or down from a ledge). McCree can peel to try to save the backline, but he suffers greatly if he doesn’t have the space to do work. And McCree can’t fix any ouchies his supports may have suffered.

3 Likes

I approve of this thread.

Too many people whining about her being OP its been 2 days guys chill out and “Git Gud” cause she is not the unkillable force you are all making her out to be.

18 Likes

Brigitte is fine as she is, finally we have a healer that can’t be insta killed by tracer and genji

25 Likes

Sounds pretty similar to the complaints about Sombra (except sombra isn’t even a support that can kill DPS). How did that turn out?

4 Likes

Let people have their opinion good lord.

4 Likes

Sure. It’s fair game that if I let them have their opinion, I’m allowed to have mine.

8 Likes

Everyone complaining about Brigitte to be nerfed but sleep on Moira/D.va’s current state.

4 Likes

You’re not having an opinion on a hero though, you’re just mocking people that have a problem with her abilities.

1 Like

Plz nerf Baguette. She so Op she cancel my deflect. Now i can do nothing because support is ezy kill for me but now baguette the op support kill me. She need no skill like all other supports and stop my high skill gengu play.

23 Likes

Lmao I love that people defend a hero that takes very little skill and is very “forgiving” (your word not mine) just because you can’t be as good as the tracer or genji playin against you. Why should a low skill hero counter a high skill hero that people have to put time into to learn? It’s stupid, ruins the game. I love playing Briggs because she’s fun, but that logic is idiotic. “X hero is balanced because her forgiving kit was designed to counter high skill mobile heroes.

8 Likes

I don’t think people are sleeping on their state. I think people are realizing they will never get nerfed and have given up.

2 Likes

A lot of them didn’t present very convincing arguements or evidence. Especially when that evidence is hard to find on a brand new hero that only went live a couple of days ago.

Admittingly, every new hero has this problem in this community As mentioned, some people still don’t like Moira and the shine & luster has pretty much worn off her.

I presented an opinion specificallys stating why Brigitte Shield Bash is OK, and pointed out that a majority of complaints are geared towards nerfing that ability.

4 Likes