Top 10 Anime Deaths

Rest in peace Sombra.

4 Likes

Top 10 Sombra betrayals

2 Likes

sombra: hacking master! but has to take a break if she takes 1 damage. :frowning:

2 Likes

“Welcome back to the house of Doomfist” - Bugfist

2 Likes

way to balance your game blizz. just listen to the teams of people that only play dva tracer and genji for intel. that’ll work.

2 Likes

I love Sombra and want her to be good, and I’m afraid all this is steering her away from her potential. She was definitely overbuffed, but I feel like this specific nerf doesn’t address the issue—it just creates a new one entirely.

I wish they would do more rapid-fire public testing with several variations over a short period of time on the PTR. Or if not on the PTR since they want to only listen to pros (which I’m fine with), just let them know of several possible buffs to begin with and see which they’re the most comfortable with instead of overbuffing and then seeing which NERFS the pros are comfy with. That way they can cut these steps out and save a lot of casual mains the heartache. It’s overall just an extremely shortsighted strategy (which we already saw with Mercy’s plight).

2 Likes

Just like when you all thought D.va and Mercy was dead, in a few weeks you’ll realize nothing has really changed.

3 Likes

dva…? dead…? bruh do you play overwatch?

This is a good change. Why do people think it’s bad?

2 Likes

They mean the Defence Matrix nerf a while back which reduced its duration from 4 seconds to 2, I believe.

Before her rework was live people here swore she was going to be useless and weak…Now she has the highest pickrate in almost every rank

1 Like

It’s tank (mostly Reinhardt and Zarya) mains who wanted a Sombra nerf the most, since the new Sombra makes their lives a lot more difficult than it makes the lives of flanker mains, but whatever you need to say to push the “flanker mains are ruining the game” narrative, I guess.

3 Likes

Yes exactly. As an Orisa main I was also looking forward to a Sombra nerf lmao

‘Finally I have some company!’ — Reaper, crying alone in F-tier while listening to Numb

3 Likes

That’s the point, though. Sombra buffs were supposed to change something and now we’re basically back to where we were before.

:woman_shrugging:t6:

She still has a 20 second translocator
Her weapon spread is still decreased
Her hacking is still faster than before

That’s definitely still an improvement from how she was before.

4 Likes

A bit different though.

Dva “nerf” was a rework that gave her a bunch of damage. People hate change so people hated it.

Mercy “nerf” was also a rework. Then she became attack helicopter mercy. Next time an actual nerf to make mercy mercy again. Then the next “nerf” “reworked” rez from 10 each sec to 1 free rez + your rez. This turned out to not be a real nerf, almost a buff even. Finally we’re at current mercy. Nerfed no quick ga in valk, no insta rez, no second rez, 20->15 sec valk. Went from like played in 90% of games to maybe 40%. She’s still played, but not a must pick.

This sombra nerf is a true nerf. Not a rework. So she is getting weaker and things are changing. But we have yet to see how much they effect her.

1 Like

Oh yeah? Try typing in your keyboard (“hacking”) when suddenly someone pinches your skin hard (1 dmg) and see if you don’t flinch and pause a little.

The weakest damage that I can think of in the game is Winston’s primary fire or Widow’s poison gas in her mine. Should Sombra power through with her hacking while she is being electrocuted and being poisoned with lethal gas just because she’s a hack master? I don’t think so.

The weakest damage in the game is Mei’s freeze (40dps), followed by Moira’s secondary fire (50dps), and sombra’s hack gets interrupted by the game’s most oppressive tank’s rediculous spread that deals .1 damage which apparently is enough to deny a hero’s core ability.