Today's update literally broke the game

…I’m sorry, but dude, isn’t that a bit too far?

Yeah, the game is literally broken, and competitive is a mess, but to whine about being a second-class citizen…?

I might not understand, but dude. This is a game. All the other Blizzard games are probably better at the moment, good god. Sorry for being toxic in the forums but still.

1 Like

From my perspective, I am not angry enough if anything. I’m one more straw away from just throwing my way from low gm to bronze to say one last “screw you” to this game.

But I’m keeping my cool, playing comp when I have to (near decay), and enjoying other games where I don’t get dragoniton strike every other match.

2 Likes

Plot twist : what if I’m too broke to afford a gaming PC ?

4 Likes

Comp Deathmatch is up, if anyone cares about that.

Funny thing is if this happened on PC (comp locked and disconnects), there would be 2 posts and 10 tweets about this already. But console LUL I guess.

It’s true, though. Console players are treated like actual peasants compared to PC players.

Our issues aren’t being adressed, there is no gameplay difference between PC and console (except the turrets, they deal less damage on console) so Pharmercy is a problem, the leaderboard is filled with mouse/keyboard players…
Oh, and it’s not that much of an issue but it still exists : the introduction cinematic (in which Winston briefly narrates the plot) plays everytime we launch the game, and we don’t even have an option to disable it.

1 Like

It’s working now. It didn’t work immediately after I DL the patch. But it’s stable now. Try restarting the PS.

Well, I’m on PS4, and being unfairly favoured by the god of luck (I guess…) none of that has occured.

wonder if it’s because i wasted £34.99 twice on loot boxes…

EDIT: Actually, there was errors trying to get in, but they quickly went away. but still, completely unfair.

Yeah, PS4 here, too and I’m getting the LC-202 error when I try to play. Bummer.

K, so I just checked the leaderboard for Comp FFA, I had to look for my profile (and I found it, yay !) because I recognized my SR, my player icon and my three most played characters, but for some reason, none of the 500 players’ names appear, not even mine. The leaderboard is just… blank.

Yeahhh don’t start throwing games, you’ll ruin it for the other players.

1 Like

Sure! You buying?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No it’s true, console users are treated as second-class citizens, last year on the old forums page their was a mega thread about the all the issues with console Overwatch. After 6 months of no reply a post was made claiming that console users were second-class citizens. After a long while a developer update video was made that talked about fixing the console issues. (I believe it was the report system developer update video)

1 Like

There’s another thread that’s pretty much exactly like it even on these current forums too.

Here you go!

2 Likes

Wow, not even surprised

Am I the only person who didn’t get an update?

Oh boy, and you happen to be the OP of said thread ! What a crazy coincidence !

Look, buddy, right now I’m talking about the update that just dropped. I don’t care about the issues that have been in Overwatch’s console versions for two years, I’m focusing on the clunky servers and unplayable competitive modes, and these are fresh issues.

Plus, if users weren’t allowed to create new threads if another one already talks about the same subject, then this forum would be empty. Because right now, a solid portion of the threads are either “Mercy/Hanzo/Bridghÿÿethra is OP pls nerf”, “Fix Sombra”, “I quit”, “Toxicity is unacceptable” or “Spread positivity #Namaste”. Seriously, you can take a two-weeks break from this forum, and the threads will still talk about the same things when you come back, it’s actually crazy.

1 Like

You’re on PC, so that may explain why.

Look, I’m not disagreeing with you.

The post which I quoted mentioned such a thread, so that’s the one I replied to. See, even we can have conversations in threads, yeah? I mean, you could take this issue to the technical support forum, but you likely won’t get much out of them unfortunately.

I don’t even see the point of talking to them. I tried several times in the past, and I either received unclear responses, or no responses at all. Plus, I’m pretty sure a lot of other console peasants already asked what is going on. So… yeah, I can’t do anything except pray for my SR to not drop.