To those with a similar CPU, has the Crashing stopped?

UPDATE: so finally found the time to test stuff. So I played for roughly 2 to 3 hrs with Hyperthreading off. So far no crashes, this code “-tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11” probably helped? and i turned on High performance, am a laptop person didn’t know desktops had those.

i think it’s fixed? take note I do own a low mid or low end PC, 1050 ti, 16gb ram and the CPU isn’t even an i3.

I have an Intel Gold Pentium G5400. Yes I know Overwatch 2 doesn’t support and i do need to upgrade this it but I can run the game on 200 fps, that is until the freeze crashes happen.
So my workaround has been to disable hyperthreading, which is fine but the fps drops can get annoying. Plus 200 fps feels better

Now few weeks back, despite putting this code “-tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11”
the game still crashed (with Hyper threading enabled). So i disabled Hyperthreading and played again. But just yesterday (Nov 24 as of writing), I was able to do one game without a crash while Hyperthreading was enabled. And frankly I’ve been stress testing and no crashes since.

Thing is I’ve been really busy with work so haven’t got the time to play for hours and hours

so my question goes to those who have the same unsupported CPU. has the issue been fixed for you guys?

I am unsure about this specific CPU, but mine is also relatively old. There have been many reports of even newer CPUs having crashing issues. I haven’t seen any solutions or updates yet though.

bit of an update.

no crashes, playing with hyperthreading on. so i guess it got fixed or… turning High Performance worked (i’m a laptop guy so i didn’t know desktops had that option)

but i did put this in the additional commands

-tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11

It worked on me too… last week.

Now the performance issues are back

1 Like

bit of an update.

no crashes, playing with hyperthreading on. so i guess it got fixed or… turning High Performance worked (i’m a laptop guy so i didn’t know desktops had that option)

but i did put this in the additional commands

-tank_WorkerThreadCount 2 -thread 2 -d3d11

Somehow it’s still the same for me

have you tried other codes?

some of them replace 2 with 4. i don’t have the exact one but in the megathread there are people with different CPUs and graphics cards on

Yes.

I have 4 in the task manager. But please, tell me exactly where can i see the exact numbers

[Main Thread] Game freezing with Intel i3 / Dual core CPUs - Technical Support - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

somewhere here, search the tank thread solutions

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.