To the "tanks are not fun" people

Shroud, one of the most amazing mechanical players of the world had this to say about Reinhardt.

https ://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousFantasticPeppermintTF2John

The reason why you think they are boring is likely just because you have no idea what you are doing. It has nothing to do with “muh skill”, it’s just understanding the game.

21 Likes

Agree with this. I love tanking because theres so much more to it than just clicking heads.

None of the roles are boring imo

5 Likes

Are… are you trying to shame people into tanking?

A bold strategy for sure, but I doubt it will work the way you are hoping it will.

17 Likes

I want to shoot in a shooter.
Not swing around a hammer and be under constant threat of CC as i’m holding the front line.

18 Likes

Not really, just trying to help them realize what they can’t on their own.

Sure, but if one of the best shooters in the world doesn’t care about it and thinks a hero who doesn’t shoot in a shooter is fun and interesting, other people probably can as well.

If they don’t like tanking, then they don’t like tanking.

29 Likes

I don’t care what one invididual has to say even if they’re famous.
My opinion doesn’t have to be tied to someone elses just because they have a follower base.

33 Likes

This is where game literacy plays a huge role. People with MOBA background usually have an easier time to understand tank and support and it’s easier for them to learn
An FPS mindset is just a small part of OW

2 Likes

“I don’t like tanking”

“I’m gonna go on a tangent to explain how you’re wrong because I know your mind better than yourself”

12 Likes

The OP is literally doing the “You think you do but you don’t!” meme.

4 Likes

You’re welcome!

9 Likes

I play majority of the tanks currently and I have high interest in Sigma.

I don’t care if people don’t find Tanks fun. I don’t find Hanzo’s gameplay to be all that, yet everyone seems to want to play him for some unknown reason. :roll_eyes:

But I’d like it, if they would stop trying to change them because of it.

Yes, the Tanks don’t have as much variety or character as the DPS role. It will only have 8 characters in the role, once Sigma is released.

Just give Blizz some more time and I’m sure there will be a tank you will like. :triumph:

3 Likes

I can’t play Rein although he does look like he could be fun at times, but I absolutely love Zarya.

I swear your tracking and timing has to be dead on with her but it is so awesome duking it out when you’re amped up.

Its like the lightning gun in Quake.

Using your bubbles at the right time can be an art in itself as well as knowing when to back-off.

People who say tanks are not fun are just too lazy to learn tanks fully.

And they don’t like being on the frontline and soaking up CCs and burst damage, they want to stay behind where they don’t take damage and spam arrows ect.
Playing tanks is hard because of how frustrating it is and people don’t want to deal with that, they want easy and relaxing games on mercy or widow.

5 Likes

Pretty much this.
These are also the players who in turn don’t understand what’s going in with the frontline and blame tanks etc.

Sigma and Hammond are fun tanks.

Rein and Orisa are awful in a fps with high mobility.

1 Like

so would you say flex players are true gamers?

1 Like

Or maybe people have different opinions???

1 Like

Has he played Reinhardt yet?

I’m a couple of VODs behind, he’s playing Brig and he thinks she’s cool and fun :smile: